Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Looking to incorporate a 2 step to build boost on an LSx engine that will be ran by the stock computer. Any suggestions, ideas?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Msd also makes one.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
The timing retard on the LNC-002 doesn't work very well if you were gonna try to retard the timing to help it spool also.

You can wire a trigger on the traction control pin and use the traction control timing table in the PCM to pull timing while on the two step to really generate some boost.

There are a few parameters like timers that need to be edited to make it work right but is def doable!

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
The LNC-002 was replaced with the LNC-003.

If you really want to spool at the line, yank some timing, add some fuel, and make it backfire repeatedly.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Exactly! Backfires generate tons of pressure in the manifolds which makes for nice spoolage.

I originally bought the LNC-002 for the timing function to pull timing for nitrous but it didn't work very well and broke up alot so I disabled that feature and just pulled it in the tune.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I originally bought the LNC-002 for the timing function to pull timing for nitrous but it didn't work very well and broke up alot so I disabled that feature and just pulled it in the tune.
Have had similar issues with the 002. The 003 does a better job all in all. ;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got the lnc 003 also and love it

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
The Lingenfucker unit works good but many people have trouble with them. I had some sort of a noise interference issue and never could get it to work. A search on the subject should show a couple threads about the issue. I switched to the MSD and never looked back. I run two units piggy back for a three step.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
James, if you can do that with the traction control table then theres no need to have to box at all then huh? You'll be getting the call to do the tuning on this anyway.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can wire a trigger on the traction control pin and use the traction control timing table in the PCM to pull timing while on the two step to really generate some boost.

There are a few parameters like timers that need to be edited to make it work right but is def doable!
That's an interesting idea. Are you saying that you have a trigger wire that would activate the traction control timing table while on the 2-step?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ran the LPE on turbo setup. I think it was the 001, but may have been the 002. No issues spooling a 101 with a 407.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its an auto without a brake. Figured a 2 step with some retard would get enough boost and not push through the brakes.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Probably better off lean and mean, with a lot of rear brake bias/twin caliper setup/2 step to control rpm on converter flare to hold it back. Its not like a no load clutch situation.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
James, if you can do that with the traction control table then theres no need to have to box at all then huh? You'll be getting the call to do the tuning on this anyway.
No it will still need either the lingenfelter or MSD box to cut spark as a rpm control/rev limit. The traction control table will be wired into the box so that when the box activates it pulls whatever timing is entered into that table.

Efi live has the tables to edit the Runtime on that input. Factory calibrations are set to around 4seconds maximum 'on' time. This is because it is setup for traction and after 4 seconds of -30* retard it's still spinning it thinks something is wrong and disables that function til the next key cycle. This time limit can be raised to ~400 seconds which means if you triggered that input for that length of time it would disable. However if you trigger it for 10 seconds and launch and release that trigger the timer restarts when it's triggered again.

If you pull enough timing out in that table with an ignition based rev limited launch box you can build some pretty good boost off the footbrake.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Using that retard for other purposes i found the runtime limit myself I think it was something like 2.4 or 4.2 seconds, but I dont believe HPTuner has access to the max limit for that particular table. I figured it was a hardcoded limit from GM.

Jason, didnt you used to be mainly a LT1 guy back in the day? Edit that will do it, I was thinking of a Jason short not a James

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Yeah I cut my teeth in on Hondas and LS1 cars. I've messed with some LT1 cars but really prefer not to haha.

I mainly use HPTuners and I've tried to get them to add these tables in but they won't. EFILive has access to them I believe. It isn't a hardcode because I have an HPT 2002 '156 OS 6spd FBody tune that has that Runtime limit maxed out so I can use that feature on cars. Later I plan to just buy TunerCAT or EFILive to complete what HPT won't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts