Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we do allot of engines and tuning for promod motorcycles.. just about everyone is using a single stage spraying betwwen 250-300 hp. for the 1/8 mile.. the "fast" bike are 100% in on the ramp between 1.4-1.8 seconds into the run.. i'm really thinking about experimenting with a small first stage and then adding a second bigger stage after the bike is up on the tire.. i personally think the bikes will go faster on two stages..i'm sure it may take some time to get a new 2 stage tuneup but i just don't trust the progressives.. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Not a bike but may work the same for you!!!! On our true 10.5" car we picked up going with a smaller first stage with a progressive and playing with it to get it more consistant. Went from 1.14s down to 1.10 in the sixtys. Doing it this way we have been able to bring in the 2nd kit faster... We are now starting to play with ramping in the 2nd kit a little to see how it's going to work out!!! Good luck..

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think the rules for all sanctioning bodies call for only 1 stage on bikes (promod). 2 stages would be illegal. This is why everybody uses progressives.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Can you use a dual ramp like in a car to get the ramp in faster? In a car you can usually cut the single ramp time in half by going dual ramp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we can run as many stages as we want...my thought was to just leave with say 75hp no progressive on the hit then wack it with some big stuff about 1.5 seconds into the run.once the chassis is loaded and it's up on the tire i think it would work..i just don't believe the progressives are doing what they are supposed to do... plus they just beat the hell out of the solenoids.. i imagine there are small tire cars doing it with a progressive and others going it with stages..

·
Gas Passer
4,950 Posts
we can run as many stages as we want...my thought was to just leave with say 75hp no progressive on the hit then wack it with some big stuff about 1.5 seconds into the run.once the chassis is loaded and it's up on the tire i think it would work..i just don't believe the progressives are doing what they are supposed to do... plus they just beat the hell out of the solenoids.. i imagine there are small tire cars doing it with a progressive and others going it with stages..

Wait for it....James

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bigkawhuna,

After checking the ADRL website, I found that the rules don't say that you can not run more than one stage. It just states that nitrous is the power adder. As I remember, AMA dragbike and SEMDRA rules stipulated only one fogger per cylinder and that is where my understanding of one fogger per cylinder comes from. I assume that you are competing in the ADRL, as that is just about the only show for ProMod. Therefore, my apologies. I stand corrected. Good luck with your experiment and give us some updates on your progress if it is not giving away any secrets.

BTW, Dave Mayo of Rockdale Cycles in Conyers, Ga. ran 2 foggers per cylinder on his Kawasaki Promod back in the 1990's before the rules changed in Prostar. He might be able to give you some insight into your theories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts