Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dual stage plate and msd 7-al3 box, my question is, say i run both stages and want to pull 8 degrees per kit....i put a 8 chip in the first retard but now do i have to put a 8 in the second retard or a 16 chip? these are just example numbers by the way but if i want to pull 16 total does the box see 8+8 or just the second retard??? thanks

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
can you just lock distributor in 8 degrees retarded for first kit? if it will come up on converter thats what i would do..then dump what ever you need for second kit once its turned. most of the time i would pull more timing for first stage then i would for second stage...

·
T/S 368E
32,429 Posts

I use the same box, and have had zero issues using it like you posted.
Put whatever you want in each stage, 8 & 8 will make the 16.
As long as the noid is engaged, that retard is engaged.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys just wanted to be sure! i dont want to hassle with turning distributor if i can just change the chip, some days i will run super pro on motor but then spray in a Q16 and want to make it simple....again thanks for the clarification

·
T/S 368E
32,429 Posts
thanks guys just wanted to be sure! i dont want to hassle with turning distributor if i can just change the chip,
some days i will run super pro on motor but then spray in a Q16 and want to make it simple....again thanks for the clarification
Agreed, changing timing is not something I like.
KISS, use the stages and leave the distributor alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts