Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
35,224 Posts
Ya, I ain’t quite smart enough to know all the reasons it didn’t work. I just saw a couple competitors using them, and doing real well. But, they were running a big (to me) small block. I just tried shit I thought would work, and sometimes it did. Not this time.
The life of building engines.... have to try things just to see... and sometimes just to see, means it won't work. Hopefully we learn from the experiences, and can go in a better direction.

·
Long Live The King
97,215 Posts
Sounds like it kicked the average in the nuts. 19hp is a decent gain if you can take advantage of it but if it kills the average in the rpm range you're set up to run, then you're going to slow down. Average power wins races.
A comparison of the two dyno sheets would be instructive. Knowing the average in the last 1,500 rpm could tell the story of what was going on.

I wonder what rpm drop was each gear change ?

·
Registered
24,548 Posts
A comparison of the two dyno sheets would be instructive. Knowing the average in the last 1,500 rpm could tell the story of what was going on.

I wonder what rpm drop was each gear change ?
Ya, I think I still have the sheets at my shop, and I do know I studied them a lot. But, this was 18 years ago, and I have no clue what the rpm drop was, but I know for a fact it didn’t recover quickly between the gears.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts