Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered another fogger system and plan on installing it this weekend and need a little advise.

I have been running 1 fogger w/32-36 pills and a big shot plate w/ 102 squared on my SBC. My intake already has the bungs for the 2nd fogger so I am gona go ahead and bite the bullet and install it.

The way I have been running the other set up is leave on the fogger and bring in the plate with a timer. I have the plate kit pretty lean (it will burn the plugs if ran by itself) but when both kits are on its perfect(or really close).

My question is do I need to do the 2nd fogger the same way (lean) or not?

both foggers have annular nozzles. I will probably put the 28/32 in the 1st and 24/30 in the 2nd.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
The second fogger will most likley have more jet spread and a leaner mixture to be correct.

My first kit is 26n/20f at 6psi.

Second is 26n/18f at 5psi or 28n/20f at 5psi.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the way I was thinking, I run a 4 jet spread on the 1st, so I fiugured a 6 jet spread for the 2nd. I have ran several combos with 2 stages but it was a fogger and plate or a fogger and plenium spray bars, never 2 foggers.:confused:

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
The second fogger will most likley have more jet spread and a leaner mixture to be correct.

My first kit is 26n/20f at 6psi.

Second is 26n/18f at 5psi or 28n/20f at 5psi.
What kind of timing do you end up removing from 8 spread VS
6 spreads...I would assume leaner would be hotter and need a different timing set.......

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
What kind of timing do you end up removing from 8 spread VS
6 spreads...I would assume leaner would be hotter and need a different timing set.......
The jet spread doesn't really determine my timing. I pull 9* from 36* on the first and another 9.5* with my 26 tune or 12* with the 28 tune.

Excelerater, I can have a 30 nitrous pill tuneup with 3 different fuel jet spreads(30/20 30/22 30/24). They will all make the same power and require the same timing. The only difference between them is fuel pressure settings.

The spark plug is the only thing that determines my timing numbers.

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Hey! He reads your stuff to.:butthead:
SJ is all good - I do have the special Nitrous Hotline telephone number he provides to his good customers so I can get the straight diddy via Direct:p
but in reference to "reads my stuff too"I am stalked by several individuals on a daily basis for reasons I havent figured out yet -
:rolleyes:

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
SJ is all good - I do have the special Nitrous Hotline telephone number he provides to his good customers so I can get the straight diddy via Direct:p
:rolleyes:
Is that the number for Trevor the "nitrous Wizard"? I hear he's the shit.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am considering plumbing the fogger with cylinders 1,3,2,4 on one set of soleniods and 5,7,6,8 on the other set instead of having 1,3,5,7 and 2,4,6,8, together, does it matter.

This fogger will go on the underside of the intake.

Here is a pic of the intake, outer fogger is already in use. The other set of bungs are on the back side of the runners.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have a new found respect for the guys who do this type work everyday. I think I have made up a few new cuss words during this job! For anyone that is thinking of installing a fogger system on the underside of the intake runners, hire someone for god sakes!!!!
You guys that do this type work everyday must be double jointed and have some pretty interesting wrenches, and a shitload of patience. I will post some pics as soon as I get it back on the engine.:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts