Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the other garages and shop threads. I'm looking for pictures of normal residential 2 car garages. I want to see what can be done to them to make them a private little shop. I only have 1 car for now so i'm thinking there should be plenty of room to work on it. I will be buying a house within a few months and want to see what i'm getting into with a 2 car.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
not much but it gets the job done. always wish it was bigger lol

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
well the blue bin in the 3rd photo would have been under water. thanks for reminding me

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
luv2xler8....so how high dd the water go?
this wasnt the last time but the first. was way worse

oh and to the OP dont build one next to a creek :p

·
Sizeable Member
7,739 Posts
I only have 1 car for now so i'm thinking there should be plenty of room to work on it.
It will be if you have a little extra room over the basic 2 car space. Lots of newer home's garages have just enough room for 2 cars but nothing else. If you have one car in there, the rest of the space fills up pretty fast with equipment. It pays to think about your layout before you get the car in there.

If you have one of these smaller 2 car garages, it also helps if you have one double door vs 2 smaller single doors. I have to bring my car in and put it on dollies so I can move it into the center. I only have a couple of feet of space in front of the car and less than a foot behind it. I wanted a lift in the worst way but with this setup, that's just not going to happen.

·
Sizeable Member
7,739 Posts
BTW, all the stuff on the right side of my car is on wheels. There's a rolling cabinet with a work top, my blast cabinet and other stuff and I have to move them to get the car in. If it's just going to be in for a little while, I move that stuff to the center and leave it there. If it's going to be in there for a long while or I need to work around the car, I move it to the center and then wheel all the other stuff back to the side wall.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Dam Duke boys....lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts