Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to rebuild my crossover pipe and I have the option of going 3 or staying 2.5". I had absolutely no problems spooling the turbo last season even in hot weather. The collectors will still be 2.5" either way.

What do you guys think? I will most likely go with a more aggressive cam this winter as well currently have a .673 lift with 248 I and 254 E on a 116 ls.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Keep the 2.5. What's your merge look like at the flange? Personally I like merging 2.5 together into a single 3 inch pipe and extending into the opening of the turbine housing so you eliminate the increase in cross sectional area right at the flange. Slide the pipe as far in as it will go, even square off the end a little bit so it matches the shape of the housing where it makes contact. Mark your pipe and put the flange there.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
If you already have one, keep it... But a 3" would be fine too... I spooled a 101/106 fine with a 400sbc and 3" crossover.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you already have one, keep it... But a 3" would be fine too... I spooled a 101/106 fine with a 400sbc and 3" crossover.

Well i have one, but the slip collectors pushed out and bent the crossover pipe to the point where i have to remake the xover. Sounds like there's no huge benefit from running a 3".

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep the 2.5. What's your merge look like at the flange? Personally I like merging 2.5 together into a single 3 inch pipe and extending into the opening of the turbine housing so you eliminate the increase in cross sectional area right at the flange. Slide the pipe as far in as it will go, even square off the end a little bit so it matches the shape of the housing where it makes contact. Mark your pipe and put the flange there.
I dont have room to put them into a single 3. i just cut the 2.5" pipes and made them fit inside the flange. It was a bitch

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
If the collectors are 2.5" outlet then keep the crossover the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts