Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished making 2 1/4" headers for my malibu. They're just tacked. They will get fully tigged up and ceramic coated. Watta Think ?

·
Registered
570 Posts
i think you need head bolts, valves/springs, rockers, pushrods, and valvecovers at the very minimum :rolleyes:

lol, headers do look good though ;)

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
I don't want to be a spoiler, but aren't gaskets going to drive the header into the steering column?

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
Looks nice............ I finished a set for a buddy of mine a few weeks ago on a Malibu Wagon.. Look similar to yours. His were 2-3/8" primaries. His has two tubes over the frame on both sides........Post some pics once you get them coated.......I don't think I would trust the 2X4 cross member though.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Looks good. How bout some 2 1/8 for mine? ;) I'd be losing that rag joint and put another steering shaft in there too. Not to mention head bolts to keep the heads down when you fire it........

·
doing it right
2,289 Posts
them tubes need to be seperated so you can put them in one at a time :) will make it easier for you to install

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Did you purposely build them too, to make it easier to change spark plugs??

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to give some answers' The kit I used was by Hooker. I t came with the flanges, collectors and 8 pieces of tubing bent at all different angles.
The flanges are cut in between each cylinder and they all slip fit the collectors.
And the motor is top secret with very low compression, thats why it only needs 1 head bolt per side.;)

I work part time at JCP Fabrication in East Stroudsburg. If not for Jay allowing me to use his lift and equipment I'd never atempted it.
And for the local guys that asked, yes we can build you a set.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts