Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on how to set up my two stage.

I have been told that you can not take two perfectly working nos set ups that work great by them selves and turn them both on. I was told it will melt the motor down.

Ok what I have is two pro race foggers
The new nos launcher with O2 sensors in both collectors for the shut down factor.

I plan on putting a 250 shot out of hole and then with in 2 sec turning on the 350 shot. I am running autolite 3932 plugs gapped at .032 is this cold enough?

My biggest concern is the timing where should it be? Do I take out more or less on the 2nd stage then if I would be running it by its self? Normaly I would take out 10 and 6 on the 1st stage.

Also should I wire the controler directly to the solenoids or should I run it though a relay I normaly use a ford starter relay for activating.

I plan on running 6 psi flowing for both stages for fuel.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would say the plug gap is way to much - I only run .025

The way most people run it is to take your 10 out for the first system and then another 6 or so when the second comes on. Depending on the motor of course - better to start out taking a little more than not enough.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
The way most people run it is to take your 10 out for the first system and then another 6 or so when the second comes on. Depending on the motor of course - better to start out taking a little more than not enough.
You want him to pull 10 degrees for the first kit (250hp) then another 6 degrees for the second kit (350hp) ???

Is that how everyone does it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
my plate kit was set at 9* (1st kit 250 @ 6psi) and 8* (2nd kit 350 @ 9.5 psi)

but it did not like that much n2o. backed it down to 250 and 250

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah pull more out with the bigger system - 1st or second. The second is going to be on so fast it really does not matter. I mean you are turning the second on in the first second anyway. You can pull out the 6 then 10 - do 8 and 8 if you feel weird doing that. Either way when the second one comes on you want the timing out.

Be lean on the fuel and safe on the timing and you will almost never hurt it. 6lbs is VERY VERY safe. You will actually be a little fat with 6.

·
Super Moderator
12,233 Posts
I'm just curious how anyone can give a timing suggestion on this having NO clue as to the compression, cylinder head type, fuel used, and so on ?????????;) Just trying to help !!!:p

Let's go now.........:party SJ

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm just curious how anyone can give a timing suggestion on this having NO clue as to the compression, cylinder head type, fuel used, and so on ?????????;) Just trying to help !!!:p

Just ballparking it - it's what most of run that run two systems. I have run both my 12 degree head and my 18 degree head with the same basic tune up. Just to be real safe I do pull a degree and half more out with the 12 degree. I doubt he has 15.1 with the systems he is using - I would say he has 14 or even less. Regardless of his head he should be perfectly fine running the 6 lbs and taking a total of 16 out .
Just my 2 cents - I could be wrong

·
Registered
788 Posts

shit, I didnt even see what type of motor,
definately shots in the dark! hehe
I like to be more precise, 1.5* of timing is ALOT in a dedicated nitrous engine!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am running a Rodeck block 13:1 C/R, Brodix dash 12 headed sbc, 434cu,in. Guys I'm just looking for some good basis info here. Like I said in the beginning I was told that you can not take two seperate perfectly working systems and turn them on together I was told it will melt it down. Running VP c-16 fuel.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am running a Rodeck block 13:1 C/R, Brodix dash 12 headed sbc, 434cu,in. Guys I'm just looking for some good basis info here. Like I said in the beginning I was told that you can not take two seperate perfectly working systems and turn them on together I was told it will melt it down. Running VP c-16 fuel.
Hmmm, somebody better tell the Pro Nitrous guys in the ADRL that then. I know of a few that are using 3 or more systems.......

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Isnt 2 degrees per 50 hp a good rule of thumb? If thats true, 16 degrees is not nearly enough retard.

Remember to re-phase your dist.

I know that I have to phase the dist. I was taking 10* with the 400 shot n the plate, nos recomendes to take 6*to 8* for the 250 and 8* to 10* for the 350 shot. Just going by nos number for now.

·
RED ROCKET
8,636 Posts
that aint true.just have to pull timing as needed for the total hp.if both stages are on 1 bottle the 2cd kit will end up leaner .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts