Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Pretty much everyone is saying that.
So, if everybody is saying that, how is anybody coming up with any kind of an accurate death rate?

Seems like a total waste of time.
If you are going to do math, do it correctly, or dont do it at all, and spend your time more productively drinking beer and keeping track of the emptys.

They say in war truth is the first casualty. They are calling this a war....
Well if it really is a war,

Then why are all the congressional & Senatorial leaders all running away from their jobs and hiding out in their home states.

I thought when you were really in a war, all the leaders were suppose to spend the majpority of their time working 24/7 AT THEIR JOBS trying to figure out strategy as to how to fight the war, and win the war?

To add to the confusion, I read something this morning that some new, preliminary data suggest that up to 30% of corona virus tests are false negatives. There seems to be a lot of room for error in all the numbers we see.

Reactions: carolinagirl
You have to just take the numbers in context. Not everyone who contracted the flu... generic, swine, bird, Spanish or otherwise was tested but there is still a mortality rate given to those infections based on the known cases vs deaths. Same with covid-19.

I think there just over a thousand passed here, me and my mate are deep thinkers and can usually see through all this type of stuff but this one is hard, and the reason is because we dont have any real info to work with, its being hidden, (sort of) so we cant determine what's lies and what's not.
We are giving it 3 months from the start (started 3/4 weeks ago here)...., if there is no decline, just a steady "up" in the results after 3 months....its time to be REALLY concerned. IMO

Well if it really is a war,

Then why are all the congressional & Senatorial leaders all running away from their jobs and hiding out in their home states.

I thought when you were really in a war, all the leaders were suppose to spend the majpority of their time working 24/7 AT THEIR JOBS trying to figure out strategy as to how to fight the war, and win the war?
We have no leaders, only looters.

So, if everybody is saying that, how is anybody coming up with any kind of an accurate death rate?

Seems like a total waste of time.
If you are going to do math, do it correctly, or dont do it at all, and spend your time more productively drinking beer and keeping track of the emptys.
They aren't, and it is a waste of time.

I get, jjb, that is rhetorical, agreed that this 'war' stance is questionable and typical for the pols. The thing is that it gives them excuse to use 'war' powers they normally do not have. Not necessarily to the peons benefit.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Because the 90+% that are mild probably aren't going to die, but if you want to believe it is almost 20% mortality rate go ahead.

Also, do yo think they test all of those people once they recover?? No I am sure the number will automatically change after "x" amount of days. The death toll is probably the closest to being accurate
The closed-case mortality rate is 20 percent; numbers straight from the CDC. It's not what I believe it to be and neither does it mean that 65 million Americans (20 percent of our population) or 1.5 billion people worldwide are going to die from CV. That's absurd.

There's approximately 250,000 resolved cases - positive cases with a final outcome - worldwide right now. Out of those 250,000, there's 51,000 deaths. Interpret that any way you choose....here's the website that posted the CDC numbers; see what you think.

The closed-case mortality rate is 20 percent; numbers straight from the CDC. It's not what I believe it to be and neither does it mean that 65 million Americans (20 percent of our population) or 1.5 billion people worldwide are going to die from CV. That's absurd.

There's approximately 250,000 resolved cases - positive cases with a final outcome - worldwide right now. Out of those 250,000, there's 51,000 deaths. Interpret that any way you choose....here's the website that posted the CDC numbers; see what you think.

And just how do they determine when a case is closed? After some pre determined amount of time

I am not really into interpreting meaningless numbers. There simply isn't enough data to make any sort of assumption.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
And just how do they determine when a case is closed? After some pre determined amount of time

I am not really into interpreting meaningless numbers. There simply isn't enough data to make any sort of assumption.
I assume they close the case once the disease runs its course, meaning when a tested-positive patient no longer tests positive. And they will follow up; they did with my daughter who was thought to be positive but turned out she had non-CV pneumonia. They asked her to return to the hospital for a confirmation retest; she told them to pound sand and to come to her house for the retest. Not sure what they intend to do.

I assume they close the case once the disease runs its course, meaning when a tested-positive patient no longer tests positive. And they will follow up; they did with my daughter who was thought to be positive but turned out she had non-CV pneumonia. They asked her to return to the hospital for a confirmation retest; she told them to pound sand and to come to her house for the retest. Not sure what they intend to do.
I just dont have tons of faith in any of the numbers. I cant believe they continually re test everybody, there is just no way.

So after some length of time, the numbers will automatically just change to recovered, that is what I would believe it would do...

I just think we get too strung up in the media, the numbers, etc . And that is not a good thing

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I just think we get too strung up in the media, the numbers, etc . And that is not a good thing
I'd say that's a fair statement....to some extent I've been guilty myself. I'm not sure these 90-120 minute daily presidential press conferences are what should be happening, either, despite the good intentions...seems as all they accomplish is providing fodder for every media outlet in America other than Fox News to attack Trump. Low numbers = Trump's covering something up. High numbers = Trump didn't act quickly enough.

Unless my math is wrong.....🤪

8 billion people, 60,000 dead = 0.0000075% chance of catching and dying from this thing.
BFD!

Reactions: mathews
Discussion starter · #58 ·
Unless my math is wrong.....🤪

8 billion people, 60,000 dead = 0.0000075% chance of catching and dying from this thing.
BFD!
Wish that's all there was to it, buddy....if it were, it wouldn't have even made the back page of the society section in your local newspaper. It can get a lot worse....the one that hit in 1918 infected 1/3 of the world's population and killed 50 million people, half of them Foxbody owners. The 14th century plague killed 25% of everyone on the planet, most of whom owned Cleveland powered chariots.

Let's hope not.

Wish that's all there was to it, buddy....if it were, it wouldn't have even made the back page of the society section in your local newspaper. It can get a lot worse....the one that hit in 1918 infected 1/3 of the world's population and killed 50 million people, half of them Foxbody owners. The 14th century plague killed 25% of everyone on the planet, most of whom owned Cleveland powered chariots.

Let's hope not.

So, are all these pandemic viruses and plague's some "God' purging the planet ?

Or, just mother natures way of saying their are too many of you arrogant fucks feeding off my tits. I am tired of it, and going to remove some unneeded excess weight ?

And if it is "God" doing it, then who are we to try and fuck with his plans!!!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.