Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine belongs to a fellow disabled vet here.

About all I have done so far is take a small inventory of the extra parts, pressure washed the engine, got air in the tires and moved it to the side of his house.
Its been sitting in the spot next to that small tree for a little over a year. It ran when he parked it, but it kept blowing out 2nd gear in his transmissions. He has had three so far & only had the car about 6 years.
It has on it BBK long tubes & flowmasters. The guy that owned it before him was going for a Cobra clone, but failed...lol.
Apparently the old owner raced the car & had N2O, but ill be damned if I see ANY signs of it ever being on the engine or installed in the car period. No mounting holes anywhere for a bottle, stock injectors, etc. ONLY thing I see it has done fuel system wise is a fuel pressure gauge. I dunno, it could have a non factory cam, heads (or headwork)... I just dont know yet, but like I said I doubt it.

Some of the extra parts are a GT40 lower intake, SVO upper (and spacer), BBK 75mm throttle body, some kind of blue lowering springs, billet adjustable shifter, and a few other odds and ends.
It just going to be a solid street cruiser.
Tomorrow going to get it on jackstands, get some power to it & see if I can fire it up. I at least want to get it cranking over & check out the wiring tomorrow. Damn locals dont know how to do shit properly so they hack everything.
Will update as I make progress.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i forgot how cluttered those engine bays are when stock lol. for a solid street cruiser i recommend the tfs top end kit and some spray. its so easy a cave man can do it and make 400 at the wheels pretty easy.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its a mess.
Still a ways off from that. All teh interior is coming out, suspension off, etc. Gotta check and see if it has any kind of ECU tuning, etc

He has a budget of $8,000. Us being disabled vets....we only =got so much money, we get just above poverty level compensation. SO its got to be done smart, slow & right the first time.
Shiiping an entire top end in customs & shipping alone would add another $1200 to that price. ANY parts shipped, wheels, rear, tires etc, is crazy expensive. SO we are going to see what is needed, what he wants & then rent space in a shipping container for a few hundred dollars and ship it in one go. But I doudt it will be that bad.

He was driving it before he had to park it. After 3 transmissions I can understand, but ill make sure he never has that trouble again.

We are crazy disabled vets. We are broke as hell, but we WILL get this bitch running wicked for these streets.
To top it all off he told me he wants camo & skulls..... that will work for me.
Pretty much like this

This is going to be A LOT of fun....painful as hell but fun. Very good therapy.

It damn sure wont be another camaro fiasco.....fuck that dude. That car is still sitting at his house under a cover. Never to be started or run down a track. fuckin waste.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, got it cranking over. Fuel pumps frozen. Full tank of gummed up fuel so gotta drop the tank (was going to anyway) see what pump is in it. If performance then I will see about fixing it. If stock....trash.

The other kicker is we ar enot using this body. Its gone. Bucked at the front subframe, so we have a green 95 GT donor body. with spare engine & rear diff.

Some pics.

donor car

Im the skinny bitch

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my work space. fuel pump is junk as are both tanks. We are going with a fuel cell and external pump.
Monday going back and finishing getting all the interior out of the green one.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Is it hard to get parts in Panama? I'm sure everything has the be shipped in and that kills any good deal out there.

Thank you both for your service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts