Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got handed a 1995 gmc jimmy-4.3 vortec- to get running good

needs an obvious tune up,plugs wires rotor,fuel filter-runs alreay but has a miss

already know to look at the fpr-since i could kill 2 birds with one stone{making cap and rotor easier to get too with removing upper intake}

anything else i should know about with these trucks?-like common problems to just go ahead and fix now?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Injectors are known to stick. I think G.M. sells a new design injector assy., but that would be an expensive part to just replace without any diag. Seen valves sticking in guides causing slight miss (under load) also done many fuel pumps. Intake gaskets like to leak coolant in the corners.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Injectors are known to stick. I think G.M. sells a new design injector assy., but that would be an expensive part to just replace without any diag. Seen valves sticking in guides causing slight miss (under load) also done many fuel pumps. Intake gaskets like to leak coolant in the corners.
Napa has them for a better price and its made from ac delco

·
Registered
19,905 Posts
the injs do get stopped up, and as said, the dam egr valve-i pull the egr valve, clean it so it closes, then pull the wire so it wont open again

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spider and feed tubes

i did head gaskets on a v8 vortec a few weeks ago,im assuming this is a v8 with 2 cylinders missing

im also looking into a "v8" double roller timing chain setup-this has a tensioner for the chain

any info on a v8 chain setup you guys can give me?

far as i know it means buyying v8 sprockets-chain and removing a piece off balancer..

·
Confused Racer
40,287 Posts
thats a regular chain. The gear in the back is the balance shaft and the piece on the crank is the trigger for the crank sensor. Oh and the timing cover is a throw away but you can ultra black it and get away with it.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
redoing one of these motors as we speak.all of the above mentioned items are common.as a side note,stay away from the dexcool.put anything back in except that garbage.make sure you get the upgraded injectors,the ones that have the actual injector at the end of the spider tube.

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i found that double roller chain on summit for the v6,85 bux but comes with the 2 sprockets and eliminates the balance shaft

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
=christiandseller;3987724make sure you get the upgraded injectors,the ones that have the actual injector at the end of the spider tube.

?

youll have to explain furrther on that one--im good but not that good

so will be a triggered injector with a hollowed out spider or some shit--or will it be an injector expected to run in perfect sync with the spyder/distrobution block

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-3202/

says fit engines with balance shaft only

ok i see this IS NOT a true double roller

im assuming the guys going v8 style double true roller no balance shaft must be the guys also using carbs and old school dizzies

ok so i see myself replacing this with a oem style part,and calling it a day

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
?

youll have to explain furrther on that one--im good but not that good

so will be a triggered injector with a hollowed out spider or some shit--or will it be an injector expected to run in perfect sync with the spyder/distrobution block
ok,here goes the cliff notes.the original design had poppet valves on the ends of the spider tubes.basically like ball point pen looking deals.they get hung up and stick open and flood the cylinders.the new and improved deals have actual injectors on the end of the hoses.i big note is that they are timed,that means you have to look at the block and see what hose is going to go to what cylinder.makes sense so far?buy the whole kit and kaboodle,block regualtor and injcetors as one.there is a 10 mm bolt to the driver side of the distributor that you will need to take off to move the lines around much easier.make damn sure you put that bolt back in .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts