Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance for the long post, but I need help quick, so I'm going to try and give a detailed explaination of what's going on. About a month ago, I was driving along about 30mph, and the car all of a sudden starting running incredibly rough, and felt like it had no power. A friend of mine helped me tow it home. I'd been having problems with the car not getting any spark when it rained, so I suspected the Opti was bad. Did a fuel pressure check, and the pressure was only 25psi. This weekend I replaced the Opti (w/ all seals), plugs, wires, Opti vent harness, water pump (old one had bad bearings), fuel pump, and fuel sending unit.

After all that the car still does basically the same thing. The idle in park feels very strong and very smooth sometimes, other times it feels rough. Putting it in gear it's rough no matter what. One thing did improve- before I did all this, in gear it would ping alot at idle, and turning the steering wheel would make it die out- all of that had now gone away. It still has a LOT of trouble accelerating. It also seems like the trans shifts strange- almost like it doesn't want to shift. It seems smooth enough once it finally does though, and it was completely rebuilt just under 2 years ago.

I did swap out the coil on my car with a friend's that was a known good coil, and that didn't make a difference. I also bought a new ICM and installed that, and that also didn't make any difference. I am going to return the ICM since that doesn't seem to be the problem. It does run exactly the same in open and closed loop, so I assume that means it's not a problem with the O2 sensors? The car has had an exhuast manifold leak for awhile, which I know can throw off my knock sensors, but that problem has been around awhile and it ran ok even with the leak. One other thing I found odd- I have an ALDL cable, and with the Free Scan program- it says the desired idle is around 3200rpm. I'm not sure if that's a sign of a bad PCM, or if it's just a glitch with the Free Scan program. I'm out of ideas, and I'm pretty frustrated. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have!

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive got a 95 caprice that did the same pinging, no power, wouldn't shift mine was leaky water pump dropping water in the omni. changed the omni and good as new sorry just might wanna double check those wonder pieces of engineering (NOT).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts