Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Doing well bud, busy with the boat stuff, dipping my toes back into racing a little. We had a little boy a few months ago and want him to grow up around cars trucks and the boats. I miss the street car thing a bit since I sold the dmax.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
What manual transmission would work behind the 4g63 in a truck like that for a hot rod/cruiser type build? I have wanted to do a 4g63 in a truck for a while to play with the local import guys.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
T56, T5, Supra R154 or if you search certain Mitsu trans will work but they are not very strong.

Check out http://www.billsautofab.com/recent_mit.asp . Bill Hincher is an awesome dude who really has opened the door for us 4G63 guys, our engines always made great power it was everything else that killed us! He goes above and beyond to help guys with their projects all the time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What manual transmission would work behind the 4g63 in a truck like that for a hot rod/cruiser type build? I have wanted to do a 4g63 in a truck for a while to play with the local import guys.
i believe the factory trans will work if the truck came with the g63b carbed sohc motor but its not very strong and a couple companies make adapters to run a GM or ford trans behind them too

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I always tell my wife things like "At least I am not always in the Bar", or "at least I don't do drugs" or "at least I don't cheat on you". It gets harder and harder to slip things past her when you have 2 drag projects going at once ,2 street cars you really want to do things to as well as a trailer to maintain, a Jeep to plow in the winter and a desire to mod your new F350 diesel. I have gone as far as hiding the AMC in the trailer from June 2013 to October 2013 until I was ready to break the news! I mean, I appreciate my mental instability but I might be pushing it! :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
i believe the factory trans will work if the truck came with the g63b carbed sohc motor but its not very strong and a couple companies make adapters to run a GM or ford trans behind them too
The truck I have is 5 spd. Sohc fi. Wonder if it would hold up to stockish 4g power.

·
The Dude Abides
18,431 Posts
And then...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry guys, severe delay. Shame on me for thinking the AMC was near completetion, raced it last season and spent all the time on that now this winter making more changes to it. Still very much have the desire to get back on this truck, still have all the parts and the truck hope to get on it this summer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lots have changed since March, the one thing that has not changed is the lack of progress on this truck! LOL

I bought cooling system parts for it so thats another thing off the list, but I decided to change my AMC from nitrous to turbo so MM is on the backburner again.

Thanks!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts