Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a buddy that built a turbo 5.3 LS for a Monte Carlo. He built it at my shop and it took him a few tries to get it right (too much boost!), so i have some spare LS parts laying around. I also am in possession of a semi dormant 1978 LRE pickup. it will be mated to a TH-350 with a trans brake with 29x15 slicks on the back. I'm thinking 11.50s and still street-able. any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

some pics of the mockup motor and trans going in....runner is on the stand, new valvesprings and cam installed...got the harness done, motormounts, trans mount and shift linkage done....juat about time to put her in

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
sounds like a nice little project. any boost planed or just a well executed N/A deal?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cool thing is that it just fit...I didnt have to cut anything up on the truck. Still uses the stock shifter too, I did have to modify the guage cluster a bit but I bought a spare...made adapter plates to use dodge mounts, made a trans mount to fit the stock crossmember...and I still have the 360

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
very nice, always liked those trucks but then I like any 2wd step side truck. Your's is great best of 2 worlds mixed in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, I will have to post some pics. Although my wiring leaves something to be desired...it works, just doesnt look pretty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts