Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a few asking me and I never really did a thread on the car so guess I'll post a few pics ;) Pic's are taken with my phone it's all I have right now. My theme with this car was simple, clean, and reliable. Car is set up 50/50 street strip. I have always been a truck guy but have put together many cars for customers. Have started several builds for myself but never really completed anything for myself until now. Usually they get sold or parted out due to lack of time and funds, plans change etc. I have built 4 engines, and 3 transmissions for this car and all were sold before making their way into car; but nobody wanted the stocker lol.

-1972 Chevy Nova
-Paint, body, and interior by friend Chad Rockwell
-6.0L, factory rotating assembly with 317 heads, JFR Isky 218 cam, Truck intake, and TB, FI S476ETR , with KBRacing T4 log header.
-Holley HP efi with 2 bar tune.
-Magnafuel efi 750, pumping E85.
-Fic 2000 cc high Z injectors.
-Factory case powerglide, Tci brake, TCI input shaft, ATI 7 clutch 1.76 planets, Yank SC3000 converter.
-8.5'' 10 bolt with 3.23 GM gears, strange axles, caltrac bars, and springs, Afco Da shocks, and GEN 1 275 mickey's.

- With a S475/83/T4 Car went 5.7/127.X Mph , 1.49 60' (foot brake), with a super easy launch, and 8.9/157.5 Mph, 1.38 60' (foot brake) with getting out of shape before 330'. I street drive car everywhere including to the track. I think there is a lot left with the little 75mm turbo but it goes on another project. Engine will be pulled after this fall to bump compression and receive a few stronger parts.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot guys! Front tires are M&H radial 185's, and hood is a 4" I believe. Im happy with the height but need to raise the rear .5 to an inch to clear the new 275 pro's Im going to be running next.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Very nice! Makes me wonder WTF I was thinking building the car I have now. Don't get too crazy with your winter upgrades....

·
Registered
858 Posts
You obviously have learned how to make serious power with a boosted LS engine. It leaves a lot of us scratching out head trying to figure out how you went 127 mph in the 1/8th. Paint looks super, super nice; stance and wheels really work well; excellent build. Thanks for sharing and for raising the bar to keep the rest of us chasing yet another performance goal.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
You obviously have learned how to make serious power with a boosted LS engine. It leaves a lot of us scratching out head trying to figure out how you went 127 mph in the 1/8th. Paint looks super, super nice; stance and wheels really work well; excellent build. Thanks for sharing and for raising the bar to keep the rest of us chasing yet another performance goal.
He's on E85. If you ever decide to swap to E85 or race gas, 127 is only a few key strokes away. Boost really is a drug. Your car hauls on pump gas and 17psi.........imagine it with another 10psi:p

1 - 20 of 129 Posts