Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the production #'s of the 1971 429scj mustangs with an automatic trans,fold down rear seat,tilt steering?The car is a j-code car for sure and I was curious about how many they built with these options. The car need a complete restoration,but my brother gave me the car. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can get a report from Kevin Marti that will show the original options on the car and how many came similarly equipped. His website is www.martiauto.com

·
Registered
410 Posts
Post some pic's. They are awesome cars and extremely fast street cars when you can get them to hook up. Getting a Marti report is a great idea. A rare car like that needs all the paperwork you can get.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Does anybody know the production #'s of the 1971 429scj mustangs with an automatic trans,fold down rear seat,tilt steering?The car is a j-code car for sure and I was curious about how many they built with these options. The car need a complete restoration,but my brother gave me the car. Thanks in advance for any help.
I had one in high school and i remeber being told 610 Auto SCJ cars where built. I have no I dea if thats accurate or not.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
I had one and started doing a restoration on it. Had all the sheet metal work done and was working on the motor, but ran out of money at the time. I sold it to a guy in northern Michigan.

Mine was an automatic/drag pack. Lime green with white interior and fold down rear seat.

If I remember right, they only made 600 SCJ's with an automatic. (C6)

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
i sold a 71 429scj drag pack 4 speed non ram air, no options with 4.10 needing to be finished for 20,000.00 1 of 6 not a large number of 429 scj check 429 site.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
i have had alot of big blocks and this was probably the fastest

·
Ronald Reagans Ultra Ego.
7,452 Posts
Rare Stuff, best to get a Report Like Suggested.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I didnt think they made a 1971 429......

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Breakdown By Model ModelPrevious Number Registered from 12/26/05Updated on 4/2/08.

Revised numbers shown in Yellow

Mach 1 265282 Convertible1617 Sportsroof 1113Hard Top78 Grande66
TOTAL:

1971 429 MUSTANGS FOUND SO FAR

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
had one and changed it to a 460 innards and a cj head intake...

back then the C-6 technowlegy was not very good....had lots of shifting issues..
but that is not the case now....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I had a 70 1/2 Falcon with a 429 SCJ in it and almost traded a buddy that had a 71 Mach with the SCJ in it. He told me they made less of the Mustangs than Falcons. But I couldn't do it. I liked the Falcon more. As said all ready, they get down for what they are! I miss mine, got ran off the road by a 14 year old that stole her mom's car. She blew a stop sign and in trying not to hit her I went off the road in to a group of large trees at around 50 mph....Totaled the car pretty bad, put the 429 in my 67 fastback I had at the time.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I had a 70 1/2 Falcon with a 429 SCJ in it and almost traded a buddy that had a 71 Mach with the SCJ in it. He told me they made less of the Mustangs than Falcons. But I couldn't do it. I liked the Falcon more. As said all ready, they get down for what they are! I miss mine, got ran off the road by a 14 year old that stole her mom's car. She blew a stop sign and in trying not to hit her I went off the road in to a group of large trees at around 50 mph....Totaled the car pretty bad, put the 429 in my 67 fastback I had at the time.

THERE WERE ONLY 50 429 FALCONS

·
Registered
28,262 Posts
1512 total "J" codes with 613 being SCJ's. The ones with the addition of the oil cooler is up in the air. They are more rare that some Shelbys. Heres where to find out some good info. http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/statistics.htm __________________

1 - 19 of 19 Posts