Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 6 months I finally found a nice straight decklid from a 1969 caprice, it needs a lot of work in the lower lip area, I just want some opinions from the body guys on how it looks, By the way these things are SOOOOO hard to find so when I got the call back with a 100 dollar price I jumped and drove a couple hours to get it.
Also most of the rusted areas are still solid in my other decklid so it could be used to patch this one

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
No problem.
Since I'm not good with that kind of stuff but my father managed to replace the whole back of my trunk lid (about 1dm strip all the way) and it looks untouched, so that is no problem!
Almost like an idiot like me could do it. Almost.

·
Registered
19,466 Posts
What does the underside look like and what you see is not all of it. What is wrong with you decklid that you needed to find another.

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem.
Since I'm not good with that kind of stuff but my father managed to replace the whole back of my trunk lid (about 1dm strip all the way) and it looks untouched, so that is no problem!
Almost like an idiot like me could do it. Almost.
Thanks for the encouragement friend!!!

What does the underside look like and what you see is not all of it. What is wrong with you decklid that you needed to find another.
Underside is actually VERY nice except the lip, I used one of my dads small mirrors on a handle and from what I could see it's not rusted that far up on the inside. also the other one is bowed, smashed in on one side from hitting a tree.

I realize I'll end up with more in fixing this car up than it will be worth but my dad got it when I was four and from what they told me I immediately claimed it and he pretty much gave me a car when I was four lol, so I've been working on it since i was about 13 and it was my daily until I wrecked it back in the winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts