Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
is it complete? what do you consider a TOTAL resto?

Does it run & drive or is it completely apart & needs floors, 1/4's, etc.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Needs everything means ya got a title and vin plate? FUCK! That'd still bring $2500!
maybe. That is normally the first thing to get ripped off of it. I would check with the DMV about the title also to make sure it is legit....if you even can.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Seriously is it a original BB car ? if it hasn't been screwd with too much those cars are worth a mint if they are properly re-done to original and you keep all records of everything done.....The Wife and I were watching the Auctions on SPEED a few months ago and they had a original 68 396 SS 4 spd m-22 muncie 4-11 posi 12 bolt Camaro that was just a nice older restoration and it sold for BIG $$$$$$$$$ one of the highest sellers.....Makes me sick that my 68 SS 396 4 spd Camaro that was ordered with a 427 as a dealer installed option and that I had ALL the paperwork from the dealer and the original owner (that was my first Drag Race car that I really won a TON of races with back in the 70's and is now sitting in a Muscle Car Collectors Collection thank God) is not still in my hands cause that car was absolutley spotless and all factory original except for the Custom Built headers made by a Local Muffler Shop (I kept the original exhaust manifolds) and even the factory exhaust Pipes and Mufflers.....and since the car had the 427 Corvette motor installed as a dealer option it was ordered with the 375 horse 396 in it so I even had that still bolted to the crate that the 427 came in from Tonawanda NY, so Just think what that car would be worth today if the collector wanted to auction it off ? as far as I know it was the only one ordered that had this done outside of the Yenko prepped camaros.

so bottom line is it could be worth it's weight in gold if done right.......they just don't fall out of Barns and stuff anymore and are getting harder and harder to find that have not been just completely screwd up.

RC

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Luckily you can still go down to 7-11 at 2 a.m. and buy all the parts it needs.

Another Catalog Camaro hits the streets... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,374 Posts
what part of the drivetrain is numbers matching? that will be key. but based off your description i would say 6500-7500. if it was a #'s matching 69 needing full resto would be 10-12000:rolleyes:

·
Aviation Section
25,592 Posts
Yenko was not the only one to offer the COPO cars, several other dealers did also like Nickey, Motion, etc. B/B Camaros are a rare breed, try to get all the info you can and if the seats have never been out of it you might get a build sheet, look in the glove box for the original owners manual and see if it has the Protecto Plate stuck inside, this will also decode the car. Look for the partial V.I.N. numbers on the the block pad and the transmission. If those are good chances are the car will be also with the small things like carb, dist., rear, etc. It should have two piece front disc brake rotors also.

If it is real with owner history it is worth whatever you feel is fair for the work to be done, if your seller has had it for as long as he says he should be able to provide history and pictures, good news is you can buy all the parts to put it together and can even send the car to Year1 and let them hang the quarters and put the floors in, you finish the rest. Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts