Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a sbc dz302 short block. It has been bored 30 over, and still has 3" stroke. It has Lunati connecting rods, steel crank, and forged dome pistons at 12.5-1 compression. I'd appreciate any help on cam and heads and even intake to finish this build. This will be full race, if I can get my desired hp? All suggestions are appreciated.

· Registered
1967 Camaro | 5.3 LS | S485 Turbo
10,016 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but check this story out, a guy searched on his engine code and got connected to the guy who had the car, and they worked out a deal:

· Registered
1,190 Posts
I acquired a sbc dz302 short block. It has been bored 30 over, and still has 3" stroke. It has Lunati connecting rods, steel crank, and forged dome pistons at 12.5-1 compression. I'd appreciate any help on cam and heads and even intake to finish this build. This will be full race, if I can get my desired hp? All suggestions are appreciated.
Electronic instrument Engineering Gas Machine Service
My kid's 67 302 build, he's finishing the heads now.
Electronic instrument Engineering Gas Machine Service

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have 350 or 283 mains ? 67 = 283 , DZ had 350 and was a 69 .
It's a 69 dz, 4 bolt main. Of the 3 years Chevy made them, it's the only 4 bolt main. I'd like to get 600 hp? I know everyone thanks 500 is the bench mark, but I don't. I'm not sure about this 302. The guy said it a 8800 rmp motor?

· Registered
1,420 Posts
I built 12-1 DZ in late 70's that would peg the 10k cable drive tach in a burnout shifted it 8500 . Not dynoed and no strip here then but it embarrassed the big block muscle cars in stoplight races around town . I think the top trans am teams had 500 hp in 70's with current heads and a roller cam I'm sure 550+ is possible .

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I built 12-1 DZ in late 70's that would peg the 10k cable drive tach in a burnout shifted it 8500 . Not dynoed and no strip here then but it embarrassed the big block muscle cars in stoplight races around town . I think the top trans am teams had 500 hp in 70's with current heads and a roller cam I'm sure 550+ is possible .
Thank you I appreciate that

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For all the money to make 600hp I'd just start with something else. Again I think if it's a real a real '67 Z/28 block or longblock there will be a strong interest in it from that community. Very limited production in the first year.
Mines the 69, it's the only of of the 3 that's a 4 bolt. I'll put a large roller in it, and some good heads and see what I get. Thanks for the input.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For all the money to make 600hp I'd just start with something else. Again I think if it's a real a real '67 Z/28 block or longblock there will be a strong interest in it from that community. Very limited production in the first year.
Mines the 69, it's the only of of the 3 that's a 4 bolt. I'll put a large roller in it, and some good heads and see what I get. Thanks for the input
How much HP are you looking for?
As much as it will produce? Is 600 asking too much?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts