Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i have ran this car for a couple years, first motor i ran was a 306 ci straight 6, it ran low 13s in the 1/4 and 8.00 in the 1/8, then i ran a stock short block 302 with some RHS heads a vic jr and bullet hydraulic roller at 11.50s--11.60s and 7.20s in 1/8, all with no roll bar, so over the winter we put ladder bar and rear coil overs in, a roll bar, and i had the c4 redone and built a 393 ci motor with eagle h beam rods, ross flat top pistons, a bullet hydraulic roller and ported super vic, it is not a big dollar build, it was built a a small budget , i bracket race it so a max effort build was not needed

video of the 302
http://vid22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/john8189/07271318021_zps0e7ef0cc.mp4

test fitting the 351w , before any fab work started or paint

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
A Falcon..not a very popular car back then. But today...a hot item that makes a fine race car.
Low 13's in a 1/4 for that straight six I bet was a crowed pleaser.
You better be getting yourself a cage in there, I got an idea your new ET will be requiring one. Good luck

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Falcon..not a very popular car back then. But today...a hot item that makes a fine race car.
Low 13's in a 1/4 for that straight six I bet was a crowed pleaser.
You better be getting yourself a cage in there, I got an idea your new ET will be requiring one. Good luck
we put a cage in it to already ,here is a pic of the 300 straight 6

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
we put a cage in it to already ,here is a pic of the 300 straight 6
That's good, I didn't know you already have one.
That straight six...I love those things. From the old Trouble Maker Altered to Cotton Perrys' "Pocket Rocket" Modifyed Chevy II...I have always been a big fan of them.
Your intake....reminds me of a "homemade" intake a buddy of mine made about 40 years ago for his Chevy straight six.
Hope you continue running good with your new combination.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good, I didn't know you already have one.
That straight six...I love those things. From the old Trouble Maker Altered to Cotton Perrys' "Pocket Rocket" Modifyed Chevy II...I have always been a big fan of them.
Your intake....reminds me of a "homemade" intake a buddy of mine made about 40 years ago for his Chevy straight six.
Hope you continue running good with your new combination.
that intake is 1 piece with the exhaust all on the same flange, g-pa built that for his 63 back in the early 1980s, i just realized i hit the 3 and not the 2 , my car is a 1962 not a 63, the 300 sixthy footed just as good as the 302 does but ran out of breathe on top end cause of the stock head

·
Registered
584 Posts
At one time I had a lot of parts for a 62, got rid of all parts when I sold the car.
Good luck with your build.
Tommy

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
johndickjr Love the Falcons I have 4 myself mine are 64 65! Got a really nice 65 Wagon that needs a new home to many projects and 3 race cars to finish!

What did you have internal in the 300 I have a 23T altered I am one day hoping to finish want to go with the 300;) I need a 240 head if you or any body may have one! The Vega in avatar has a 393 W good combo!

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
johndickjr Love the Falcons I have 4 myself mine are 64 65! Got a really nice 65 Wagon that needs a new home to many projects and 3 race cars to finish!

What did you have internal in the 300 I have a 23T altered I am one day hoping to finish want to go with the 300;) I need a 240 head if you or any body may have one! The Vega in avatar has a 393 W good combo!

Thanks!
old post but i never answered it,i used early model rods which has the .912 pin ,same as a sbf and the 300 motors have the same ch as a 351w piston, so i used dome piston in the 300 from a 351w, ported head with 2.02-1.60 valves, screw in studs , used BBF roller rockers and a comp soil lifter cam .580 lift dont know the dur

1 - 11 of 11 Posts