Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 1963 mercury comet with a diesel. I put a 1984 Mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel in. Building my own suspension. Mustang struts, rack, and independent rear suspension from a super coupe. I am using the cruise and a/c from the Mercedes.

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
Couldn't you do something fukn original...so damn tired of seeing all these Mercedes Diesel powered Comets on the build threads!

·
Registered
14,943 Posts
On a serious note:

Cool build, are you planning on stepping up the diesel power? Never seen the inside of a Mercedes diesel but since they are German I would imagine the crank etc. are of decent quality? What you planning on for a transmission & rear axle assembly?

·
Smoked another CTD
3,954 Posts
Cool as hell. I don't understand why we do not see more MB 5 and 6 cylinder swaps. Great engines that fit much better in most cars then the over sized, over weight, under powered, Cummins 4BT you commonly see swapped in.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rear axle is an 8.8" independent suspension from a ford Thunderbird super coupe that I am narrowing. The power will be stepped up a little. Precision Turbo already rebuilt my turbo and upgraded it. The biggest hang up power wise is the mechanical injection pump. They are just starting to build parts for the pump. I plan on running this on wvo. The trans is also from the Mercedes. Its a 4 speed automatic.

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
It will run forever now

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
I highly advise making this thing handle like its on rails. With that diesel, speed might be hard to come bye and you dont want to scuff any with the brakes in a turn. Very cool combination. Unique and a hell of a cruiser to boot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is pretty awesome. Should get some good MPG too, arent the pump mods expensive on those too?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts