Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frame is boxed, engine and trans mounted, chassis back half clipped and re-fabbed, read end mounted and the Fat Man IFS installed. Heading off to be chemically dipped.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back from the stripper and painted with an etching primer. Time to fit check everything before moving ahead.

Rear end in place

Front suspension, radiator and weed burners

Billet Specialties Street Lite Wheels arrived and tires mounted. Good fit!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looking forward to watching your build nice to see a pop start to finish with a us twist ..man looks like you got a really nice and clean one ...
Al

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
Killer body, hell'uva project.

·
draggin' ass
13,391 Posts
Pretty cool, where do you live?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now...a little about how this project came about. !

My friend and now partner in this project Denny, is doing the engine. He's a pretty well known engine builder in MI. He's also the guy that bought the car on Ebay from a chap in England about a dozen years ago. A complete, running, RH drive car with the original, powerful, 4 cylinder 8 HP engine! Right, I said 8.

When the car arrived in the US, it was immediately impounded and quarantined until he paid a $300 fee for a "mad cow inspection"! You can't make this stuff up! He had intentions of doing something with it, hadn't decided what, so he drove it around for about a year, then parked it.

It sat for the next decade or so until he and his wife happened to pay us a visit in FL last winter. We were sitting around swapping lies about the old days and I mentioned that my two favorite hot rods were 33 Willys and old Anglia's. I had previously built one of each. He replied " I've got one, you want it'? I quickly said NO! He responded saying, "OK, how about partners? You do the chassis build and I'll supply the drivetrain"! So...here we are.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Denny, it turns out, is a collector of rare, vintage GM high performance parts. After a bit, he had formulated the engine build. He rumaged around and happened to find a brand new, mid 70 something, GM manufactured aluminum 327 block!

A little more digging produced a set of new Carrillo rods! Pretty soon the Callies' stroker crank and Race Tec pistons arrive and we've got a 377 shortblock!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oil pan arrived. This guy makes some really nice stuff! Crower cam and kit should arrive shortly. Then the engine will be finished!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rear wheels and tires have arrived!
10 x 15 Billet Specialties Street Lites and
28x12.00R15 Mickey Thompson Street Radials

1 - 20 of 108 Posts