Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Considering the truck done for now.... It is running driving ...plated & insured... took it to a local car show & burned some rubber yesterday .... Woot!!!

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Went to a car show on sunday a couple towns east of us in Maple Park... ran into some new truck blues on the way home... the internal shift linkage on the th350 came loose and i only had 2nd gear for the ride home. Dropped the pan and got that all tightened up this morning... I might as well just race this thing if i am going to have to wrench on it after every outing...lol

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Still having some transmission problems... no park... guess it's time to drop it out and have it freshened up... shift kit ... 10" converter...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Dug my car trailer out of moth balls & test fit the truck... a s10 chassis must be smaller than a foxbody...fits just fine... hopefully get it to the track to see how slow it is...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I have been working on a hood for this thing... this hood is off a IHC KB5 i think and the nose is a KB8 ... i definately i am not Joe Martin when it comes to metal work ... but i have one side done...working on the other side... then onto some primer and paint....

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I am currently putting together a more period correct SBC... a 58-62 vintage 283 ... hope to have that going by May...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Pretty much finished up the 283 today.... picked up the trans on monday ... have a new 10" converter .... i just have to pull the 350 out ..finish up some welding and painting of the trans tunnel....and drop the whole mess in....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looking good. Does the 283 have a cam in it, or is it stock? Will your chassis accomodate a low mount alternator like they us on the 62-67 Novas? It mounts low on the driverside and works with a SWP. The prackets look period correct, and you can run an internally regulated alternator with them.

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
The 283 has a old school Crane 260 cam in it right now... i also have a Duntov 30/30 cam on the shelf, may go into it somewhere down the road... theres no room on the driver side ... the steering box is in the way... old school cylinder heads don't have any accessory holes in them... the alt i found seem fairly sturdy....

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thanks ...we are having fun with it... also everyone who has seen it really likes it ... althou everyone wants to know when its going to get painted...lol

61 - 80 of 81 Posts