Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are in the market for 2 good shooting 1911'S what is your thoughts? Say 1300.00 each or less. GOD BLESS AMERICA Bob

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bob, State the general usage.... competition, ccw, home def. or hurting. Blued, 2 tone, SS, Single or double stack mags. Barrel length? Light weight frame? Need more info. Brand name perference? Wouldn't even try a guess without knowing something more then "Good shooting ". Most all 1911 operate very well out of the box, some Customs don't. Have own both, Some TLC and tuning makes and takes care of all troubles......P.S. The wife's veiws on her firearm may differ from your choice, So her input is needed too. .........

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
kimber

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Shoots as good as a Baer for a third of the $

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have looked at KIMBER but have been told that there customer service sucks, wike likes the full size in blue and I like the full size blue and SS melted conceled carry?. We will target shoot with both and use them for personal protection. Thanks for the replys Bob

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bob, How about Springfield Armory 45's: LW champion Operater 4" blue, Micro comp LW Bitone, Std full size SS or Blued Or maybe a V-10 compact for her. They have all sizes and types. Para-Ordnance has a great selection too. Work on a few for some hunting buddies, very slick units, dead on with some site work by C & S. Nowadays the 45's all come with all custom work factory done but some time you can find a regular oldy to trick out just to do it. Not knocking the big buck high dollar customs but I can't see buying them if I can build one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
We have looked at KIMBER but have been told that there customer service sucks, wike likes the full size in blue and I like the full size blue and SS melted conceled carry?. We will target shoot with both and use them for personal protection. Thanks for the replys Bob

Kimber, is most likely the best bang for the buck. If the gun is functional, I could care less about how long it takes to reach them on the phone , as I don't plan on calling them up while I'm in the process of saving my ass. I have the gamut of 1911's from an early 90's Bill Wilson built gun to a plain ole' Norinco 1911A1 clone. I generally prefer to build my own as I can control what parts that are used and I believe in realibility first, flash and fluff last. Like anything else, there's tons of flashy parts that only serve to catch the fisherman and not the fish.

IMHO, the 1911 works best in it's original timeless full frame 5" barrel design, although I'm partial to a Commander(4.25" barrel)sized gun as well.

Mike

·
Registered
407 Posts
Love my Kimber.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Colt Gold Cup, mine shot great out of the box. Runs around $900 or so, stainless, looks and works great.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Never even heard of a Kimber needing to go back to the factory.I used to the sell them @ the highest volume dealer for Les Baer and Kimber.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Love my Kimbers! However I did have a notchy, heavier than usual trigger on a Custom II I have but got that smoothed out in short order. Now it has the best trigger feel of the group.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Kimber!, bought my first 12 years ago (royal classic) 2nd one 7 yrs ago (trophy match) The trophy shoots better than my caspain that cost me $1800 with out the heads up sites.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts