Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can say now after carrying this USP chambered in 45 for the last 3 days that it is a whole lighter than my 1911 that I used to carry off duty. I love my 1911's you all know that, but this H&K USP .45 is a heckuva lot lighter and I still got the stopping power of the .45 round.

However, the USP is a whole lot wider than the 45 but that's okay, I can live with that.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Congrats on the new toy....see,there are "other" .45's out there.;)

Found a new toy myself.Armalite AR-10T. 20" stainless match barrel and match trigger. Just bought a new scope off ebay.for it .Leupold Mark4 Tactical. 4.5x-14x 50 mm on a 30mm tube.
I should have it all together to go try it out this weekend.:-D:smt070

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new toy....see,there are "other" .45's out there.;)

Found a new toy myself.Armalite AR-10T. 20" stainless match barrel and match trigger. Just bought a new scope off ebay.for it .Leupold Mark4 Tactical. 4.5x-14x 50 mm on a 30mm tube.
I should have it all together to go try it out this weekend.:-D:smt070
It's a slight tradeoff. The lightweight of the USP sort of negates the bulkiness versus the 1911.

First time I found out how light the USP was, was when I was in the can, and unbuckled and thought I had lost my gun. :-D But it was still there. Not only that I got 4 more extra rounds now.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
It's a slight tradeoff. The lightweight of the USP sort of negates the bulkiness versus the 1911.

First time I found out how light the USP was, was when I was in the can, and unbuckled and thought I had lost my gun. :-D But it was still there. Not only that I got 4 more extra rounds now.
I have not owned a 1911 since around '85.and just love my Sig 245 compact,but I walked into a gunshop saturday that I had never been to before.This shop had 31 brand new Kimbers in his case.:-Daw I think I after all the drool was cleaned up, I found my next purchase. They had a custom shop Covert Ultra Carry with the 3 inch barrel and digital desert camo with crimson trace grips.
Awesome is all I can say. I just dont know how controlable it would be.

Check it out.......http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/covert-ii/ultra-covert-ii

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the gun show I was really surprised at the price of the Kimber SIS model. They must be kidding?

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
O.C. i used to be a die hard 1911 fan till i got my first Sig P220 ,

·
Registered
4,700 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Proud of em ,ain't they.:p
Damn proud I guess. They are so proud of them, I just didn't have the heart to seperate them from each other.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Damn proud I guess. They are so proud of them, I just didn't have the heart to seperate them from each other.
I guess it's all relevent to what you're used too. I thought on my way out of the shop," $1300 for a litlle 1911 .45? I can't seem to justify it.....I could buy a hell of a nice rifle for that much......then I spent $1000 on a new scope today and thought I got such a great deal.:p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah HK thinks pretty highly of there pistols too, I have been looking at there guns lately, but want to sell a few I dont spend time with, dont need too many gunsafe queens. I have been eyeballing the HK 45C looks nice feels pretty nice.

O.C. White what variant did you get? V1? LEM?

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah HK thinks pretty highly of there pistols too, I have been looking at there guns lately, but want to sell a few I dont spend time with, dont need too many gunsafe queens. I have been eyeballing the HK 45C looks nice feels pretty nice.

O.C. White what variant did you get? V1? LEM?
Don't know it doesn't state on the case which one it is. H&K USP chambered in .45. I think 735 dollars for a H&K is a steal.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I found my next purchase. They had a custom shop Covert Ultra Carry with the 3 inch barrel and digital desert camo with crimson trace grips.
Awesome is all I can say. I just dont know how controllable it would be.

Check it out.......http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/covert-ii/ultra-covert-ii
I have an Ultra TLE II in 3". I think it is at least as easy if not easier to shoot than my full frame 4" 1911.

You wont be disappointed!
Chris

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
My SIL has an USP in 9mm same frame size as the 45

After shooting it and my SR9 , I still have to go with the SR9,,but I do like the de-cocker on the USP.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a 3" kimber custom must of been mine but probally the worst 1911 i have ever had.Between me and my brother we now have 15 1911 all colts and never looked back with the exception of one les bear. which you can not compare to the others by far the best shooting gun i have ever shot.Even though i carry a glock daily i love my 1911 and my newest is a gold cup national match in .40 only about 200 made and it is nice.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Nice piece...

With it's double action and de-cocker, you don't have to carry it cocked and locked for it to be ready..

PLUS... It doesn't have that big spur sticking out the back like a fish hook.. Just waiting to get hung up on something..

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Ok so now for the real question: Does the USP have a nicer looking trigger than the 1911? :razz:

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so now for the real question: Does the USP have a nicer looking trigger than the 1911? :razz:
Not in my opinion. But if it was dark would be hard to identify the Sig 226 and the H&K in the dark. They almost have the same feel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts