Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of flow numbers are people getting out of this head? mine are out getting ported right now and i'm curious to what they will do? what kind of power can i make on a 460 ci bbc with these? 11 to 1 solid roller brodix intake 1050 dominator...what would be a good header tube size?collector? forged eagle crank/rods/srp pistons...will be throwing some juice too it also...

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
2nd design aluminum 2.19/1.88

Around 325 on the intake. If you need more info I can find the flow sheet and the exhaust flow and lift. Or just fax it to you. I'm thinking 6 tenths lift.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
Keep an eye on off the seat and mid lift flow numbers. Try to keep the runner volume around the as cast numbers if possible to keep up port velocity. Depending on how much money you want to spend. Mine weren't moved around, just cleaned up.

·
Registered
921 Posts
what kind of flow numbers are people getting out of this head? mine are out getting ported right now and i'm curious to what they will do? what kind of power can i make on a 460 ci bbc with these? 11 to 1 solid roller brodix intake 1050 dominator...what would be a good header tube size?collector? forged eagle crank/rods/srp pistons...will be throwing some juice too it also...

I bet 600-650 na hp is easily achieved with a true 11to 1 comp. I've had and seen the best results with little/no headwork. Those heads dont seem to benefit much from porting, just a good valvejob.

JMO of course..........

bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think they are just a little newer casting is all.i have 2.25/1.90 valves in my heads as well. thanks for the info guys..

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Actually, again, if I recall correctly...

The 990 heads were the heads installed on crate motors and in cars, while the 188 heads were the 'service replacements'.

Same head, just a different part number. GM did some wierd shit back in the day. Same way with connecting rods... If they came in a crate motor or car, it was one part number, but if you bought them as factory replacement parts, they were a different number. Same rod, just different p/n.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts