Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering what everybody is doing to run big tube headers,such as 2 1/8" like I want to run,on 18* sbc's. I am using Trick Flow 18* heads,that have the standard 6 bolt pattern,but can only get the flanges for up to 2" headers. I found adapters to use that convert it from the 18* bolt pattern to the Stahl pattern,so you can run bigger tube headers,but it says they have spark plug clearance issues. I want to be able to take the plugs in and out without taking the headers off,since these are going on a race car,and will be read/changed often. This is going to be a Procharged drag radial car making 1300 hp. What is everybody using to run big headers?

Here is were I found the adapters,they are part number HS7.
www.nimac.biz

Thanks,Brian

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I have a set of them on my 23* darts that make my Lemons 18* spread ports work, they are 2" ones

The guy that made those died, when they run out, its all over for them

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's everybody!! Can someone tell me were I can get the Reher-Morrison header flanges? I found them on his website,but he has no prices on there,can you get them other places? That would be a better choice for me than the Stahl pattern,I believe,because it looks like it would have alot better plug clearance. I've been talking to a few people over in the Supercharger section on this site,and they recommend that I go with 2 1/4" if they will fit between the bolt spread,but I have no idea if they will or not,I do know that all Reher-Morrison shows is a flange for 2 1/8" primary's. If the 2 1/4" won't fit,then I guess we will build a set with 2 1/8" primarys into 4" collectors.

How much power difference would there be between a 2 1/8" and 2 1/4" header on a 1300 hp engine?

Thanks,Brian

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Reher-Morrison today,and he said the reher-morrison pattern headers flanges are $85.00,and they are available for a 2 1/8" primary,so it looks like we are going to go with a 2 1/8" into a 4" collector.

Thanks Everybody!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts