Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 385 ci small chevy has gm 18 degree heads(363) high ports.set up to run nitrous.je nitrous piston,bme aluminum rods ,billet crank, i think you get the idea.now the problem went to a chassis dyno for tunning.at 6000 rpm on 175 shot of nitrous motor made 565 and by 6800 it falls off to 436hp.no breaking up no sighns of problems with oil pressure.made another pull and did the same thing.now the motor is set up to run about 8000 to 8200 rpm-custom cam by cam motion 775 int 720 ext 282 300 dur at .50.heads flow 363 260 at .800.valve springs checked out good af ratio was steady at 10.1 i know a little rich but safe.i thought maybe the chassis dyno was weirding out so i ran the car with the same tune didnt change a thing went 9.51 at 140 didnt notice any converter slipage in fact rpms seemed low at the end of the track.with that trap speed the horse power figures seem right.no ultimate tach so i cant be sure but could the converter cause that much loss without being noticably slipping.dont know where else to look. motor shouldnt really start makeing real power to 6500 rpm any body got any ideas or suggestions.sorry so long
Thanks Ron

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there a chance you may have one of the intakes meant for restrictor plate tracks? Those things are generally done around 7400 I believe, probably even earlier at 385 inches. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts