Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see air intake temps in the 280 zone. This is measured with a Racepak TC just under the throttle body.

I'm alky fuel, EFI so some cooling is taking place downstream of the injectors, but I'd like to lower it sooner.

I use 16 Bosch 160's in bank-2-bank and want to add a 17'th 160 injector in the charge tube.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ive been thinking about doing the same thing. i run e98 and was thinking about 2 smaller injectors like 36lbs just after the turbo and pumping e98 in.

i dont think it will hurt anything, it will be just like meth injection but without the second system

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Would that be dangerous since you would have atomized fuel/air in the inlet pipe waiting for a backfire to ignite and blow it apart?? I know people use meth. injection, but I think that this might be sticky.....

I have no knowledge regarding this, just being practicle.

Paul

·
Confused Racer
42,027 Posts
I see air intake temps in the 280 zone. This is measured with a Racepak TC just under the throttle body.

I'm alky fuel, EFI so some cooling is taking place downstream of the injectors, but I'd like to lower it sooner.

I use 16 Bosch 160's in bank-2-bank and want to add a 17'th 160 injector in the charge tube.

Any thoughts?
check your PM's

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts

Any thoughts?
just put it thru the runner with 16 inject
i have 200+ deg F temp drop in 6 inchs of runner lenght

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
It would seem to be less complicated to use meth injection pre blower to try and lower your IATs which most would evaporate before it would be able to change your fuel curve. Being alcohol is so tricky with the A/F #s I would not want to be playing around with an extra injector spraying in the system and trying to alter your fuel table to compensate for it .

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
It would seem to be less complicated to use meth injection pre blower to try and lower your IATs which most would evaporate before it would be able to change your fuel curve.BEING ALCOHOL is so tricky with the A/F #s I would not want to be playing around with an extra injector spraying in the system and trying to alter your fuel table to compensate for it .
alcohol has a wider tuning band... so its less tricky...

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
take a picture of your IAt sensor please ? take it out of the engine and lets see a pic. If you put a non insulated IAT in the manifold it will show a higher tempautre then the actuall air temp due to manifold heating.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have never heard of any benefit from adding an in stream injector. I have heard that it can cause uneven cylinder distribution.
I,ve no personal experience, it's an interest topic. Keep us posted on your results.
Stu

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
I have never heard of any benefit from adding an in stream injector. I have heard that it can cause uneven cylinder distribution.
I,ve no personal experience, it's an interest topic. Keep us posted on your results.
Stu
yes, on the distribution topic stu..

i got some data off barbagello's dyno you would be interested in, with the turbo engine..

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a RP log showing it going from 123 at the starting line to 297 at the finish line. This run is 6.52 @ 209 with 21lbs boost at 7600 rpm.

You can see it was 117 when I started the log which was after a pretty good burn out. Cools down pretty quick to 170.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It would be nice to measure intake temps in the cylinder or at the valve.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
IAT tip

Location in spacer under TB.

The deal I plan on welding to the tube.

Is that IAT probe using a pumice stone sealing insert or a copper brass ring ?

If its using a brass ring, that whole setup will not net you a accurate tempature.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Is that IAT probe using a pumice stone sealing insert or a copper brass ring ?

If its using a brass ring, that whole setup will not net you a accurate tempature.
it's the ceramic - pumice stuff. The temp numbers are very close to what I was seeing with the FAST XFI & GM sensor.

Are you kind of suspecting my numbers are off ? or just making sure? In either case do you think my 17th injector will do much and/or have any down sides?

·
Registered
17,478 Posts
I'm confused - why do you want ot lower your intake temperature "pre-probe"? You are already injecting a healthy amount of methanol downstream that will significantly lower the IATs. True you can't measure it but one upstream will not lower it significantly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts