Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a turbo start 16v battery charger on a powermaster 16v battery. some one said the voltages were different and just trying to get a definitive answer. thanks

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Just trying to get an answer you like, LOL. If they are both AGM batteries you should be able too. But then too you might phone the companies and ask them, and if they say no, ask why, specifically.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
can i use a turbo start 16v battery charger on a powermaster 16v battery. some one said the voltages were different and just trying to get a definitive answer. thanks
No. The Turbo Start chargers ( I checked 2 of them) put out over 21 volts while charging. Your Powermaster batteries say do not exceed 19.4 or 19.6 volts. I bought the Powermaster charger and sure enough it charges in the upper 18 to low 19 range.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
21?? Wow, that is high.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
interesting. thanks for the info. i guess just another way to take more of our money.
Well you could have bought Turbo Start batteries again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
From what i have been told you can use a intellicharger powermaster charger on turbo start batteries but not the new turbo start on the powermaster batteries.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
What about the Moroso 12/16 volt charger on a Powermaster? I've heard there a better charger, but would they be too much, like the turbo starts for the Powermaster batteries?

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I switched to the Powermaster charger a few years ago. My battery life has improved dramatically vs. the Turbo Start charger. I guess the Turbo Start was cooking batteries?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I switched to the Powermaster charger a few years ago. My battery life has improved dramatically vs. the Turbo Start charger. I guess the Turbo Start was cooking batteries?
do you put the switch on low or high for turbo start batteries

1 - 11 of 11 Posts