Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a LSX style or similar size high amp 16 volt alternator. Anyone know where I can find one? All Im finding in the "mini" alternators are 55 amp and that isnt going to cut it with all the electronics Im running.

Before anyone says it, I cant run one high mount on the head or anything either, my turbo setup just wont allow it and I would rather not re-do all my hot side if I dont have to.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Nick, Ill try that. I also emailed powermaster to see if they offered anything that would work.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have looked there and all the mini's are like 55amp and I need more than that with all the electronics Im running.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Configure and total your amp usage draw. Post it up........I'll help you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt even know how to go about all that. Im not electrical expert by any means. Heres what I plan to run other than the usual headlights, tail lights, turn signals, no radio, no ac/heat, no power anything.

Magnafuel Protuner 750 fuel pump
Meziere 55gph remote water pump
16" Hayden electric fan
9" electric fan on tranny cooler
AMS-1000 Boost controller
Megasuirt EFI w/160lbs injectors
Innovative LC-1 wideband

Does that help?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I wouldnt even know how to go about all that. Im not electrical expert by any means. Heres what I plan to run other than the usual headlights, tail lights, turn signals, no radio, no ac/heat, no power anything.

Magnafuel Protuner 750 fuel pump
Meziere 55gph remote water pump
16" Hayden electric fan
9" electric fan on tranny cooler
AMS-1000 Boost controller
Megasuirt EFI w/160lbs injectors
Innovative LC-1 wideband

Does that help?
125 amp at 12 volts Denso alt will fit and is all you need. A 105 will suit your needs with a 16 volt system.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ i dont think u would need more the 120-140 amps-

what voltage battery have u got now-

Thanks

Nick--
Had a 12 volt but it took a dump on me along with my 12v charger so thats why Im considering swapping over.

125 amp at 12 volts Denso alt will fit and is all you need. A 105 will suit your needs with a 16 volt system.
Thanks for the help!

I had too many people tell me if I had the chance make the switch but I dont know if it would be worth the expense. The only thing I hear is "my lights are so bright" and "my fuel pump runs alot better" but with the setup I have I think 12v would be sufficient so I dunno.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I use the stock LS alternator a local shop upped to 145A along with a 'voltblaster' (casper electronics) that raises the voltage (TPS activated) output to 15V+ at WOT.

Been working fine like that for years, during a pass the voltage hits 15.5V according to the BS3 and the rest of the time it puts out normal voltage. I run engine fans, electric water pump, 7503 magnafuel pump, BS3, two widebands etc and have no problems with a 12v battery at all. Have had the same optima in the car for three years and it still works as well as the day I put it in the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts