·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u guys run 1---16 volt or 2--- 16 volt batteries ? in your race cars thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have used one 16v battery with no alternator also with no problems. Powermaster makes a great 16 v battery charger. Expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I run 1 16 volt with no alternator and have no problems. Best money I ever spent. I have a special on the Powermaster S1000 16V this month. $215.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run 1 16v battery called The Rock. Best battery I ever owned.

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what all would need to be changed ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I didn't change anything on my car and it still has factory lights and wiring. Most of your electrical components will actually work better with the 16 volts.

·
Registered
574 Posts
So even tho its a 12 volt system it doesn't matter about all the stock wiring and stuff??

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your car is going to see a fair amount of time on the street a 16 volt setup can make the light bulbs burn hotter and burn out a little sooner. if it mainly sees the track only you wont have to worry about that.....and if you choose to run an alternator you will need a 16volt alternator not a 12 volt one.

·
Registered
535 Posts
had two 16 volts without an alternator and they work good as long as you have plenty of time between rounds to charge . had to go back to 12 volts because if you make it to latter rounds at a race they wont charge quickly

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've ran The-V 16 volt battery and a East Coast 16 volt alternator for 2 years. I love it, 18.3 volts running, I'll never go back to a 12 volt system.

I just changed the battery and alternator, didn't rewire anything, no problems at all. Had to re-adjust the fuel pressure, the pump spins so much faster. The fan sounds like a tornado and cools a little better. The engine spins over like the plugs are out and the dome light is crazy bright now. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Who makes a good 16v alt these days?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah who makes a 16v alt for a sbf??

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anybody use the power master 16v 140amp 1 wire alt on a "street" car. And I mean street car as in daily driven 40miles round trip, some trips over 100miles every other week, heavy traffic, blah blah blah.

Not I drive my car to the local car show 5miles away then home and trailer it to the track 45min away and call it a street car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts