Yellow Bullet Forums banner

16 volt alternator

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  GregS 
#1 ·
I have a 16 volt alternator...but it will not keep up with what the car needs......I believe it is a 140 amp....I need to pick up a good one. Who makes a good 16volt alternator....I believe mine is a powermaster...its been back to their shop twice! I am running 2 16 volt batteries as well. After running the car...for 10 min....I am dropping below 16....

Thanks, Greg

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Twin Fuel pumps- 30 or 40 amp each
Twin Fans 30-40 amp
XFI ?
MSD 7531 with HVC 2 coil
LED FAST DASH
Meziere 55gpm electric water pump
Meziere 55gpm elec water pump for intercooler
Tach and 4 gauges
line lock
transbrake

Lights when running at night....

Should be about it.

Greg

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I will check the alternator...I don't think the alternator is adjustable. I have looked before. It has one single wire. It has been back to powermaster twice. I think they found something last time.

I am running 8 160lb injectors...which are low imped. The fuel system is by Product engineering....which I believe is similar to the Magna Fuel company in design.

I will start it up and put a meter on it. Good point on reading the voltage....I will check. When I charge the batteries, they are around 17-17.5 volts. The single wire is attached via #2 wire to the trunk positive side.

It is a powermaster....

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Grounds

I am running a #2 to the front of the car for the engine ground as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.