Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 mustang with a 15x8 with a 4 inch backspace and I have about 1 1/2 space in the rear part of the tire before it touches the leaf spring and I have about 2 inches in the front. I hav e about 3 inches before it touches the inner fender wheel. I also have a 2inch flare on the car. On the Dodgestang site they put a 15x9.5 with a 5 inch backspace on a 65 mustang. What has been the largest rim has someone put on the rear without tubbing it or putting spring relocation kits?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 15 x 9 on my 65 Mustang fastback with no cutting only have steel flares on rear and front wheel openings, not mini tubbed or springs have not been moved.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it is a holeshot holestar 15 x 9 with 3 in back spacing with 6 on front side with 1 1/2 inch from tire side wall to leaf spring

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes it is all under the flare, give me ur email address and will try to send pics of my set up

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Can either of you post pics of your cars with the rear flares? Im considering this myself as my rear cage struts run against the inner fender wells so mini tubbing would require cutting out and redoing those bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts