Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did ford make one of these or do i have to go aftermarket? if u have one of these for sale pls contact me. thanks jeremy 803 246 4143

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You can bolt a 157 bell to any C4 or C5 regaurdless of the fact it is case or pan fill.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes but if u bolt a small bell housing off of a case fill it will not work with a pan fill theirs about a half in difference in them the trans will not pull all the way up to the motor

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What is the casting # on the bell? E2 or newer would possibly be a C5 bell. They are deeper for use of a lock up convertor.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Only depth difference in the bell housing that I have seen is a C5 design that is deeper as mentioned.

I measured 6 bells today, all bolt to the pump bolts. All were the same depth at near 6 inches.

There were 5 bolt bell and 6 bolt bells. All were the same depth. Some were small converter bell, some were the large converter bell. I have never seen a difference from case fill to pan fill bell housing that bolts to the pump.

If you do not have the correct converter and flex plate for the belll you are using , there will be fitment problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts