Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is kinda what I was thinking, he got a ticket for being honest!

·
102,312 Posts
Stopped three 1300 GXR's one day, all three checked above 90. They stopped, I gave them a warning, they were shocked and asked why "because you stopped is why you get a warning" Damn bike will run better side of 180. Hell by the time I got the thought put together of calling a pursuit on them they are two miles down the road. LOL :-D

·
102,312 Posts
I'm thinking BS.

in the one minute it took the cop to get turned around and get up to maybe 80, that bike was 2.53 miles up the road.
Further than that :-D Unless he was in a charger.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Stopped three 1300 GXR's one day, all three checked above 90. They stopped, I gave them a warning, they were shocked and asked why "because you stopped is why you get a warning" Damn bike will run better side of 180. Hell by the time I got the thought put together of calling a pursuit on them they are two miles down the road. LOL :-D
I had an officer do the same for me. I was clipping down a country road at about 90 on my 08 gsxr 1k and he was parked off in the corn fields. I saw him pull out and I instantly pulled over. He came up to the bike and told me he's just gonna give me a warning because I pulled over.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I used to work near where the bike was stopped.... driving a company billboard at 90ish.... saw a cop going the other way... saw the cop a day or two later, he laughingly told me that he patrols that stretch on Thursdays and I should slow down those days... when I say there's nothing out there - trust me... there's nothing but sagebrush... deer? not there, they're all poached by the inbreds living around there.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
First ticket I ever recieved for speeding was 131 in a 55......I was in my white 06 Mustang GT.....I'll take a pic of the ticket if needed for evidence...lol....Lost my license for 3 months, and payed hellified fees in court......

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I had an officer do the same for me. I was clipping down a country road at about 90 on my 08 gsxr 1k and he was parked off in the corn fields. I saw him pull out and I instantly pulled over. He came up to the bike and told me he's just gonna give me a warning because I pulled over.
Haha, I can see that happening in Crown Point, in Lowell they would throw you in jail.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I was on my way to Florida with a friend about 13 years ago & I got pulled over by a Georgia State Trooper doing 101 mph in a 70 driving a BMW M3... Needless to say I went to jail!!! I paid a $240 speeding ticket & was back on the highway in a hour! The points never transfered to New Jersey Thank God!!!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The worst speeding ticket that I ever heard of was back in 1988. I knew a guy named Alberto who lived in New Jersey that owned a New Car Dealership. The guy had big money & he owned a 1986 Lamborghini Countach Quatrovavle 5000 S. Well he was out drinking at a bar with his buddy's one night & decided to lay the hammer down on Route 18 in Colts Neck, NJ. I was told that he got nailed on radar at 188 mph.. I can't verify the exact speed because I never saw the ticket but Alberto lost his New Jersey drivers license for 2 years....

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got a ticket for 137 in a 55 on Route 9 in Fishkill NY years ago in my Trans Am...cop did call in a road block but as soon as I passed him (in the median) I slowed and stopped BEFORE he hit his lights. He came to my door (I had already shut it off, keys in my hand and BOTH hands out the window/t-top...) with his gun drawn and was shaking with adrenaline as he screamed "I can't believe you fucking stopped'...I wont bore you folks with the rest but he called ahead and had two troopers block an intersection 3 miles up!!! I explained to him I went to the most desolate spot around to "mess around" with that car because earlier that day I had blownup my Oldsmobile at the track!!! Needless to say he wasn't impressed. $2500 in lawyer/court fees...and I kept my license and only got 4 points. Still have/keep that lawyer to this day!

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
I saw the aftermath of my buddy hitting a german shepard @ 90mph+. Sawed the dog in half and a 2 month stay in the hospital for my friend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts