Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screwed up. I had my rear end set up for 15x12 wheel with 5 1/2" back spacing and a 29.5x13.5 tire. I need more tire. Can I put a 14x32 on this set up?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
MT recommends 12" wide minimum, and a 15" max wide rim for a 14x32, it would be fine. could go to 14" wide rim with a 7 1/2" BS if you have room,

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Boosted
I think I have the room but I don't want to buy another set of wheels right now. They ain't cheap. Plus I screwed up a second time by not changing bolt pattern. I had 5 on 5 axles so when I ordered new wheels I ordered same bolt pattern. That's not a very popular pattern so they are hard to sell. Should have done 4 3/4" since I was going to have to get new axles anyhow. Didn't plan far enough ahead. Act in haste, repent at leisure.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
We ran Firestone 14X32 tires on 12" rims on my dads car for years going 9.60's. We did run tubes on them since it was the mid 80's.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run tubes in mine to keep them from wrinkling too bad. It also quickens the reaction time.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it will be fine but it works better if you use the stiff sidewall tire.
That's why I run tubes. I ran the 10" tire for years but without the tubes they would really wad up. I could only run 10 1/2 or 11 lbs of air to eliminate spin. I haven't played with air pressure on the 13.5 tire yet.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
That's a lot of tire on that small wheel. What kind of air pressure do you run?
7.125 to 7.25 psi according to my Rebco gauge. Goes down track straight and smooth. Anything more it squirms a bit at the top end. Goes through at about 138.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
7.125 to 7.25 psi according to my Rebco gauge. Goes down track straight and smooth. Anything more it squirms a bit at the top end. Goes through at about 138.
Wow, if I go any lower on my 4000# truck my rims will hit the asphalt. Mine hits real hard when I let go of the button.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow, if I go any lower on my 4000# truck my rims will hit the asphalt. Mine hits real hard when I let go of the button.
Same here, if I run low pressure like a car would my bars will hit and front tires aren't even off the ground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts