Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a set of older GTP ported heads. The casting number on the heads is 148. Inside the head around the rocker area the only number there is L157. The back of the heads have BCCHCC-09 and BCCHCC-10 engraved in them maybe from the porter but definaly doesnt look like it was from the factory like that. I have searched everywhere that I can think of but havent been able to find out what heads these were orginally off of. Anyone have any clue? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hope these are what you were asking for. If not let me know I'll go take more.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Well GTP = Craig Gallant and if you dig around you might be able to find his contact info. I had a set of his LS ported heads back in 1999 they were good stuff. His rep declined 4-5 years later due to long delays but I did run into him at SEMA a few years ago. Some of his LS stuff had welded-up combustion chambers to raise compression, and a lot of inside work.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
They are the retainers used on the stuff 7 8 years ago, si the springs are probably old should check those. Cgm number is probably crank grind and machine, I "inherited" some stuff from them with fix it customers. Horrible to sum up.

Stop by with them sometime we can check the springs and put the heads on bench, see if at least the ports are similair

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are the retainers used on the stuff 7 8 years ago, si the springs are probably old should check those. Cgm number is probably crank grind and machine, I "inherited" some stuff from them with fix it customers. Horrible to sum up.

Stop by with them sometime we can check the springs and put the heads on bench, see if at least the ports are similair
Springs are brand new. I will have them flow'd when I'm a little bit closer to getting the engine together. The CGM is from where they were milled just before I bought them.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Knowing where they came from (the car not craig) they ran very well. Still can't place a "148". maybe gm had a dyslexic make the casting on a 841. LOL

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Still can't place a "148". maybe gm had a dyslexic make the casting on a 841. LOL
Hehe.

I've thumbed through every piece of printed literature I have and can't find reference to a 148 head either. :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knowing where they came from (the car not craig) they ran very well. Still can't place a "148". maybe gm had a dyslexic make the casting on a 841. LOL
Knowing the car was pretty much the only reason that I bought the heads. I know it wasnt a record holder or anything but it was a solid running car.

Billy-Thanks for checking what you have. I feel somewhat better knowing I'm not the only one that has never seen or heard of a 148. I do like all the theories on how this casting happend!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts