Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my new manifold, for my 440 mopar, and the opening on the blower hangs over.... is there an adapter, i should be using, and where do you get one... thanks tim

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bds8366

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, by about an inch to an inch and a half....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That manifold is rated up to a 8-71, hence your overhang problem.

I don't recall seeing any type of adaptors for sale, you might want to call a few blower shops, as they most likely have been asked question before.

You could always get a shop to machine you up an ally plate which would bolt to your manifold & your blower could bolt to that . . . I personally would sell the old manifold & buy the right manifold.

I run an Indy manifold with my 14-71 on my Hemi, pretty sure Indy sells B/RB manifolds which goes up to 18-71

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's a mooneyham , the opening is 15 1/2 inches the manifold is on like 14 inches....

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, mopar mark put me on to rbs, i'm callin the monday...

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is a pic of the BDS under a 14-71 from a T/D intake.is your blower a delta opening?
this is what it looks like, not tryin to set the world on fire, just some decent passes. i'm gettin old so speed is not important, looks are. i just bought this intake, and i don't have lots of money for a new one. so i'm just looking for and adapter, something that would choke off that opening...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts