Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Who is running the 135 or the 139 how many cubes and how fast, Mine is a 632 alky efi deal and I am getting ready to order the blower and been hearing different things about the 139, whats the skinny????

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Well here is what I have been told. The 135 comes on earlier, drops less boost on the shift, basically has a flatter boost curve with slightly less peak boost.

The 139 has more peak boost, drops more on the shift, and is more peaky. Many say the 139 makes more power, but is tricky to find its sweet spot.

All that matters is how it runs on the track, and both the 139 and 135 appear to be near even from what I have seen. The real test would be to run both, but that would not be cheap.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
We've got a 135 on my 509. The sucker makes power from now to forever. I am strongly hoping to be dynoing all the F-3's on my engine in a few weeks to get a true comparison on a real world BBC. I know Micke did some testing on his Hemi some time back with all the F-3's and I think they were somewhere around 150 HP from one another. But like Bill said its all about where they make their power.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I like the 139's for small tire cars. I hope to be testing the 3 blowers even the 123 on Jakes, I will share all the info with everyone. Just got to get ProCharger on board.

I do still plan to test the big vortech to, but not on this engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
On a motor like yours both are gonna give the same results give or take a few HP. As far as the boost curve the 139 might be a 1lb or so better down low because it has a tighter clearance between the wheel and the valute. If you look at the mapping for both, the 139 starts slightly higher than the 135 and stays there to max speed but we are only talking around 100 cfm. They both maintain the same output temps and drive power numbers. These numbers hold true no mater what engine combo the blowers are used on. In my opinion for whatever its worth the 139 would be a better choice .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts