Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of people ask how much power will my combo make.. I'm just curious if I'm going to run out of cylinder head. 438" sbf, max effort R's, a/w, all the usual supporting stuff. Just looking for personal experiences. Im looking for a 7 second time slip drivIng to the track. Thanks, Eddie.

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
The biggest obstacle will be getting the power down, a 106 will meet your goals with no trouble. RPM ceiling may be limited by the head upper 7500 range IMHO, but It will go plenty fast.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
10.7 too much compression. I had a 438sbf with AFR 225 heads with a mild 670 lift cam 1200hp at 24psi. Never turned it up. You shouldnt have an issue with 1300hp if u get the compression down

·
Registered
594 Posts
A guy in Oklahoma had a 114 on a 427" sbf, glide, cnc'd R heads straight from Trickflow. It made a little over 1800 to the tires. Now that being said, it has never ran like it makes that power.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason it has that much compression Is because I plan on switching over to alcohol and ditching the a/w and all the b/s and weight that go with it.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The reason it has that much compression Is because I plan on switching over to alcohol and ditching the a/w and all the b/s and weight that go with it.
ALOT of bs comes with alcohol too. The a/w gas setup is much easier to maintian and run. You cant just park the car in the garage if its on alchy. much maitance envolved. Just my .02. Ive ran all the setups hardcore and find gas/intercooled to be much more friendly.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
ive made over 1500rwhp with that combo

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
10.7 too much compression. I had a 438sbf with AFR 225 heads with a mild 670 lift cam 1200hp at 24psi. Never turned it up. You shouldnt have an issue with 1300hp if u get the compression down
What's the basis for your thinking that it's "too much compression?" A motor with 11:1 and 30 psi is going to make more power than the same motor with 9:1 and 30 psi and it's going to be easier to stage/spool up as well. My old SB had 11+:1 compression on c16.

The only time I can see worrying about compression ratio is if you're trying to make a bunch of power on pump gas or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What's the basis for your thinking that it's "too much compression?" A motor with 11:1 and 30 psi is going to make more power than the same motor with 9:1 and 30 psi and it's going to be easier to stage/spool up as well. My old SB had 11+:1 compression on c16.

The only time I can see worrying about compression ratio is if you're trying to make a bunch of power on pump gas or something along those lines.
Wrong...

·
Registered
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts

Agree 100%. It will make more power, be easier to spool, be easier to 60'.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
also wondering?? more motor power, A easier turbo, or B more with turbo.

Let the motor make tq and work for the 60 then let the turbo kick it in the tail, as opposed to having to wind it up tight and risk power control

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I think you keep your timming in check it would do fine . But with that much compression on gas turn it up and then you take pictures and send to rengade that explain what happens with gas and high static compression. I like compression and but more than 10:1 with a smaller cam or say widder lobe seperation can be a bomb....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm just curious if I'm going to run out of cylinder head. 438" sbf, max effort R's, a/w,
Plenty of head for 1300 rwhp. Plan on mid to upper 20's for boost levels. If 1300 rwhp is the limit, I'd go with a smaller turbo.

I'm running R heads and ran 187 mph @ 3400 lbs. Twin 78's. A/A

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.