Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
All you have to do is move some gas one time across the MLS gasket and it is compromised.

From wherever reason, a tuning hickup, ect. They are never going to be right until changed

When the hot combustion gas flows betweens the layers the embossments loose their spring

Replace, make sure everything is true and the tune is on point and you won't have issues
I wondered about this. I feel very confident about my tune, but I do wonder if my surface Ra was good enough for the FelPros or not. They claim 60 Ra or smoother. I never checked because I didn't have the gauge. I just took my machine shop's word for it that the surfaces were smooth enough.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If you only want to do this once, follow Brian’s advice on top fuel hoops and inserts and never look back.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just finished filling my block with concrete and welding up the deck on the Vic Jr then added the oring and receiver grooves. Last setup on MLS went [email protected] and 7.71 lifting. That was 25 lbs Of boost on my 363 8.2 deck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If you only want to do this once, follow Brian’s advice on top fuel hoops and inserts and never look back.

Yes, the top fuel hoops sound great! I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to spend a ton of money on my old Gen 1 JR heads or not. I'll call them and get pricing, then I'll decide if I can swing a new set of heads or not and go from there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just finished filling my block with concrete and welding up the deck on the Vic Jr then added the oring and receiver grooves. Last setup on MLS went [email protected] and 7.71 lifting. That was 25 lbs Of boost on my 363 8.2 deck.
That's getting it done with MLS for sure. I don't want to fill my block. I drive the car on the street a good bit, not sure how that would workout for me.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If you guys don’t mind saying, could you share some of your cam specs for those that are using Sr cams in their engines? I have a well ported set of victor jrs on my engine and want to make 1000.

·
Registered
17,686 Posts
JDS - highport heads , 106 PTE , 362 sbf
.694/.692 - 272* / 278* - 116* LS / 1.6 T&D Shaft - comp cams .
1392 hp @ 7400 to the roller on slicks.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Thanks. My Vic jrs flow really well 328 / 240 @ .700 223cc port and still use a 2.055 valve. I have twin 66mm S300’s car will be shifted at or near 8000 I hope to make 1000 at the tire. 321”

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Not quite yet... a month or two yet. Mine is also e85 CSU blow thru no intercooler about 10.2:1.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts