Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just sharing some results I got from a build I just dyno for one of my clients for his street/strip 70 camaro...
Specs:
Stock GM 4 bolt main block
4" crank
4.310" bore
Dart Pro 1 heads 310cc ported by me
.640" lift street solid roller my specs
F1R procharger non intercooled
CSU carb 850 single needle and seats dual power valves
Motor N/A made 669hp/574trq
And spinning the F1R at 66K it made 1248hp/992trq
The reason I am posting is that I had asked in the past here if a production block BBC can take this punishment and well it did lolll...

·
Registered
20,225 Posts
big #'s, surprised single N/S's supply enough fuel-hope a stock block can hold up in the long run
good build, Kevins carbs def do their thing

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
big #'s, surprised single N/S's supply enough fuel-hope a stock block can hold up in the long run
good build, Kevins carbs def do their thing
All I did is give 4jets on the rear and a/f is dead on 11.4-11.6 on c16 and 25psi of boost reading boost from the vacuum port of the rear of the carb...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What compression/boost? Nice setup im assuming on race gas.
Compression is 9.2:1 and boost is 25psi from the rear of the carb... Timing total is 22* I know its a BBC and it should need more timing... I guess my cylinder head porting and chamber is very efficient along with this set up being non INTERCOOLED ...

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
WOW thats amazing, nice job

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Compression is 9.2:1 and boost is 25psi from the rear of the carb... Timing total is 22* I know its a BBC and it should need more timing... I guess my cylinder head porting and chamber is very efficient along with this set up being non INTERCOOLED ...
What fuel?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
All I did is give 4jets on the rear and a/f is dead on 11.4-11.6 on c16 and 25psi of boost reading boost from the vacuum port of the rear of the carb...

C16^^^

·
Registered
24,888 Posts
Surprised it took so much boost to double its N/A power .

Oh yea .......its a blower !

just fucking with ya :p ........ nice job .

what was the AITs at 25psi /no cooler ? Hat temp ?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

what was the AITs at 25psi /no cooler ? Hat temp ?
No sensor on the dyno but I am sure it's up there lollllll... Yea no kidding the blower propably used up 200hp-250hp, so 1248hp then add what ever the blower took to spin.... The block and parts saw stress for maybe 1500hp lollll

·
Registered
887 Posts

what was the AITs at 25psi /no cooler ? Hat temp ?[/QUOTE For a turbo guy, you sure on the supercharger section a lot...lol When are you coming be from the dark side?

·
Registered
20,225 Posts
yea, I miss the blower whine-I would be curious what the IAT's were, on some testing I was seeing 330 degs @ 18 lbs on an old D1B thru the 1/4

·
Registered
24,888 Posts
[/QUOTE For a turbo guy, you sure on the supercharger section a lot...lol When are you coming be from the dark side?[/QUOTE]

I like boost no matter where it comes from ....lol

I had Procharger once . It was just a little D1SC but was alot of fun on the street . I had choice to upgrade to the F1 but decided to go turbo .

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Gas and 1250 HP with single N&S bowls isn't an issue. BLP has N&S up to .164 for standard Holley bowls. I'm working on a blow thru methanol carb, the bowls we tried first supplies plenty of fuel but doesn't like the brief pressure spike when the throttle is lifted quickly. It will be getting a set of Superior bowls with 2-.164 N&S in each bowl. I don't expect any issues there.

·
Registered
24,888 Posts
Biggest BLP has in a Viton is .150 .

The Carb shop has some Viton .156 .

Never had any luck with the other ones .

I went 155mph @ 4450lbs with single .150 N&S on a blow-thru . But it was on the edge and the money for duel N&S was better put toward EFI .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts