Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I'm wanting to convert a 69 Camaro 12 bolt rear to Ford ends using Moser 7900 ends.

I don't want the housing to be narrower, same width as oem. I also want to keep using my factory drum brakes and back plates.

Here's my question. Should I install the ends making sure the ends end up at the same place as my factory ends ? I've read a bit about axle stand out, do I understand I will end up with the same axle stand out as factory 12 bolt (2.812).

I'm a bit intimidated ordering custom axles from Moser. Their ordering form is confusing. How am I supposed to know dimension "B" and "K" ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Make ends the same length . Use a jig. C is total length of axle, B is your stand out, K is total minus stand out, H will be big bearing ford since thats the end your using. good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have to mention 2.812 for dimension "B", even though I have Ford ends ? If so, that makes sense to me since I want to use my GM brakes. As for "H", does someone know what it is (I have no clue of the inside diameter of a Ford bearing).

Thanks a lot VA NOVA

Frank.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They make ends that use the 3.150 Ford bearing, but still have the Chevrolet bolt pattern. Axle offset will be the same as a Chevrolet, the axle mfg will just need to know it's a big ford bearing with a weld on Chevrolet end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts