Yellow Bullet Forums banner

12 bolt posi (spool)

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  GTOJesse 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if they make a spool that will work with a 12 bolt posi unit with C-Clips.

I broke 2 posi units and wanted to try a spool.

Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
I don't disagree, but I did break 2 posi units the first one was stock, the second was an eaton. The smaller gears on the top and bottom of the posi are breaking.

The car runs 10.20 with 1.48 60 foot time all steel car with full interior I'm guessing it weighs 3500.

I'm lucky I didn't break an axle.

#6 ·
I know it's easy to tell someone else how to spend money... That being said... Don't skimp on rear end components. You're running bottom tens time for aftermarket axles c-clip eliminators. You only got a break one axle and do some severe quarter panel damage or worse to make a $500 upgrade worth it!!!

#9 ·
I have used shims to tighten up a stock posi unit to the point it pretty much behaved just like a spool. Not all that easy to do. You kinda have to force the components back into place and it requires a bit of patience. Take care. Tom Worthington

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.