Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question i have a gm 12 bolt (car) that has a spool in it. I cant get a 3.73 gearset that will fit a 4 series carrier for probably 3 weeks up here so my question is if the holes are drilled and tapped deep enough could i use a 3 series gearset and machine the ring gear down?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the holes arent deep enough so that rules that out. As far as options it looks like i can get strange motive gears which im assuming strange had motive build them some that would fit a 4 series or the richmonds. Are the 2 comparable? Was hoping to find something closer as these will be 2 weeks away. I need a 3.73 ratio for a 4 series spool i had richmonds which the pinion lost all its teeth but its been a few years so maybe thats all i can expect out of them. Not many options for a 3.73 gm 12 bolt with a spool...

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,419 Posts
This may be a stupid question i have a gm 12 bolt (car) that has a spool in it. I cant get a 3.73 gearset that will fit a 4 series carrier for probably 3 weeks up here so my question is if the holes are drilled and tapped deep enough could i use a 3 series gearset and machine the ring gear down?
I have a brand new set of 4 series 3.73's with a brand new pinion bearing pressed on. It was my spare set. I sold my 12 bolt and these are on the shelf.

Pm if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts