Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my stock 12 bolt yoke to a 1350 piece.

My question is do i need to get a new crush sleeve can i use the old one?

I should the pinion bolt be torqued to?

Thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what should the pinion bolt be torqued to?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You can't go by torque. Tighten the nut until you take out the slack and just begin to crush the sleeve a tiny bit. It would be best if the ring gear is out so you can see what the rotational drag is, and not increase drag but a tiny bit. That will mean the cursh sleeve is fully clamped, but you haven't increased bearing preload significantly. If you were re-using the old flange, or if you carefully measure depth from the end to the nut surface, you could use paint marks on the pinion stem and nut to get close, assuming the two flanges are exactly the same thickness.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not taking the rear end all apart. I just had it built about a year ago. i just want to upgrade the yoke to a 1350.

I ll make a mark on the nut and pinion and count the threads and just tighten it back to there with the original crush sleeve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am upgrading my stock 12 bolt yoke to a 1350 piece.

My question is do i need to get a new crush sleeve can i use the old one?

I should the pinion bolt be torqued to?

Thanks
I am in need of a stock 12 bolt yoke. The guy I bought my 12 bolt from decided to torch the bolts off in order to remove the drive shaft which ruined the current yoke. Email me a price of interested if getting rid of it.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
im not taking the rear end all apart. I just had it built about a year ago. i just want to upgrade the yoke to a 1350.

I ll make a mark on the nut and pinion and count the threads and just tighten it back to there with the original crush sleeve.
That`s kind of a "back yard" way to reinstall the same yoke that came off. i don`t think you should use that method when your changing the yoke.
If you need upgrade your yoke you might want to swap out to a solid pinion spacer too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
already swapped them out. Worked well. Took the old one off then put the new on and tighten to the same spot.

No problems.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
piece of mind i guess. Im putting a 5 speed in so i figured i would upgrade while i was in the process.

Like i said piece of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts