Yellow Bullet Forums banner

12 bolt axle tubes tweaked.

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Geerbangr 
#1 ·
I broke a 2 posi unit and decided to go with 35 spline axles with c-clip eliminators and a spool.

My driver's side axle is going in at an upward angle. I believe my axle tubes are tweaked. I'm trying to find a place to replace the tube. How much should this cost.

Can the tubes be straightened on a hyd press?

thanks

#3 ·
We've bent our share of axles on mud trucks, easiest way is to determine how much bend your contending with by using levels and angle finders. The we used an I-beam (big enough) to chain the housing to and by supporting, chaining and bending with a 20 ton bottle jack, get it square and weld the tubes in for reinforcement. We always trussed them after that.

#14 ·
No reply's on my last post. Changed gears for a friend S60 rear. He felt he had some strange tire wear going on. Put alignment bar in checked the housing. Driver side .008 TIR to front , Pass side .004 to front. Driver .006 down Pass .014 down. Decided pretty minor TIR . Thoughts on what other people see ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.