Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a 2 posi unit and decided to go with 35 spline axles with c-clip eliminators and a spool.

My driver's side axle is going in at an upward angle. I believe my axle tubes are tweaked. I'm trying to find a place to replace the tube. How much should this cost.

Can the tubes be straightened on a hyd press?

thanks

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
We've bent our share of axles on mud trucks, easiest way is to determine how much bend your contending with by using levels and angle finders. The we used an I-beam (big enough) to chain the housing to and by supporting, chaining and bending with a 20 ton bottle jack, get it square and weld the tubes in for reinforcement. We always trussed them after that.

·
Registered
27,888 Posts

OP, Here’s the jig I built. I just retubed this 12 bolt and installed big ford end. I’ve straightened several housings using this setup. You’ll also need an alignment bar and ends to get it true.

·
Registered
68,282 Posts
Looks good ^^^^^

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

OP, Here’s the jig I built. I just retubed this 12 bolt and installed big ford end. I’ve straightened several housings using this setup. You’ll also need an alignment bar and ends to get it true.
Thank you for the pictures. I appreciate it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you again for the pictures. I got the tubes straight. We installed moser 35 spline axles c clip eliminators and a spool. axles slid in with no problems.

Thanks again

·
Registered
13,185 Posts

Nice set up!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Mittler Bros alignment bar and pucks?

·
Registered
27,888 Posts
That's an impressive beam. And huge. Where do you keep that when not using it LoL
I pull the jack from the beam and stand it up in the corner. Takes up 0 space because it next to the water fountain.

Yes the bar and pucks are Mittler Bro’s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts